White Light

Anna was still all alone and gasping on the ground, coughing and fighting for every bit of precious air when the gunfire had started, even such a loud event seemed very distant and muffled to her and she did not really care about it, since her constant fight to stay alive was all that her shattered mind could think about.

This time nobody came to slacken that thing around her neck, like they had done so quickly every time that she had been lowered to have some rest, and yet Anna could still get the air that she was so desperate for, sure it was a lot better than hanging up there... there were voices speaking nearby, though she could not tell exactly who they were, her sight was just a dark disaster and then the gunshots were over.

Anna felt a very soft, comfortable blanket as she was quickly wrapped in it, a huge hand caressed her hair just for a moment and after that she just got carried away, feeling every single one of those heavy steps, the wind and also the speed as whoever it was that carried her just dashed so fast through the forest.

The handcuffs were still on, with that sharp pain and the warm, sticky blood covering her hands... the scarf was still there, quite tight around her fragile neck which now felt all battered and broken, and yet everything had changed now, and she was getting plenty of great air.

Was it over at last? What was this? What would happen to her now?

Anna tried to get ready for the cold, inevitable terror of getting pulled up once again, but then nothing happened, just the carrying, the cheering and gasping sounds everywhere around her and the running through the woods... and then, it happened, the moment when everything changed forever.

Anna Felicia could see all around her a great blast of dazzling white light, everything was freezing cold just for a moment and after that the still green, lively August forest had suddenly transformed into a splendid Autumn scenery...

The shades of yellow, deep red and orange were just unbelievable, the air was cold and yet pleasant, her carrier kept running so fast for a minute or so and soon after that they finally arrived at some kind of building.

What was this? White lights? A corridor? A hospital room?

Anna could tell that the woman cheering, chanting and screaming in wild celebration somewhere nearby was Shadow, others were catching their breath after having sprinted like that for a long time and it was then when she was placed on a soft, compact bed with her blanket, scarf and handcuffs all still in place.

"What is this? What happened?"

"All you need to know, is that she probably has some degree of vertebral injury and perhaps laryngeal damage" Shadow explained, still laughing in delight right beside that hospital bed- "Fix her up! It cannot be that serious..."

"You damn Agents! What have you done this time?"

"Oh, we just hanged her... seven times... about two hours..."

"What?"

"Fix her, I say! In the name of Queen Starlight!"

Anna was still conscious enough to feel as her wheeled bed was pushed towards a different room so fast, then something collapsed inside of her neck and everything went dark...