Fangs and Teeth

Larry was the very first to escape and also the fastest of them all, which gave him a great advantage, Jeffy and Joey behind him still found it difficult to run with handcuffs and things were even harsher for Jamie, Stacy and Quinn.

Jamie had been complaining all this time about a constant, sharp pain in his chest, caused perhaps by a fractured rib courtesy of Shadow's gunmen, while Quinn and Stacy were not only traumatized by the events but also heavily damaged by all the dragging, shoving and kicking that had been aimed at them.

The girls could not run very well, Jamie was not much better off than either of them and at some point Larry turned his head for a moment to see, cold and terrified, how the first gray wolves emerged from between the trees and quickly charged after them...

They were large and powerful wolves, with bloodthirsty eyes and very sharp fangs and teeth, dreadful beasts that were more than ready to have a very good and early dinner-

"Run! Run, just run! Keep running!"

Larry accelerated with surprising agility as he went downhill from that area, it was quite hard not to crash against the trees, a gasping and tearful Jeffy stumbled a little not far behind Larry and Joey and it was then when it happened, and the three of them could hear the terrible screams that came from somewhere far behind them...

Stacy wailed in the greatest terror of her life when a very agile wolf jumped and landed on her back, the others were fast to gather around her and they started to munch her up like she was a good and crunchy pizza... very soon the bright red blood was everywhere, and the screams ended quite suddenly when one of the beasts came and went straight for her throat.

"No! No, Stacy!" Quinn wailed, prey of deep terror as well as she still tried to escape- "Stacy!"

It seemed that Stacy would not be enough of a meal for these creatures, so quite a few of them kept chasing the teens and Quinn soon followed her best friend in the same cold and terrible fate... At least three wolves had already caught the red-haired girl that found herself in this situation only because Anna found her attractive, and now she was nothing but wolf food.

Larry almost crashed against a tree, Joey stumbled and then Jeffy cursed to the great heavens and beyond as Jamie's awful cries and wails followed those of the girls, since he also had just been caught by the furry monsters now not so far behind them...

"Oh God! Oh God!" Larry cried out to the soft twilight sky, crying as his heart seemed just about to explode in the deepest angst and fear that he had ever experienced- "Please save us!"

Larry, Joey and Jeffy soon found themselves running so fast right beside a little river just outside of the wooded area, two large wolves emerged from the woods ready to give chase and it was then when Larry discovered the most wonderful thing that his eyes had ever seen:

There was a bright yellow camping tent somewhere not so far ahead, a small campfire and a lonely huntsman sitting by the waterline that quickly turned his head at the sound of their wild cries and screams...

"Help! Help! Please do something!"

The huntsman was so fast to stand up already with a rifle in his hands, it looked like this armed stranger was aiming straight at Larry and yet the first, powerful detonation landed a perfect hit on the great gray wolf that had almost caught Jeffy...

Another detonation blew the entire head of the other wolf three seconds later, and after that the three boys ran a little more and just collapsed at last a few steps from the yellow camping tent.

"Damn it kids, what in the darn heavens happened to you?!"

The huntsman was tall and strong, with soft green eyes and long brown hair, perhaps around fifty years old though still in great shape and wearing light gray boots, dark brown pants, a simple red shirt and a long, weathered down jacket made of dark blue denim.

The air still smelled of gunpowder as this unexpected hero tried to get the boys back on their feet, taken aback at the view of those handcuffs and just how bloodied, weak and extremely battered they looked...

"There are terrorists" Larry whispered still in great fear, while Joey and Jeffy just gasped and cried in the deepest relief that they would ever feel- "We were camping, they attacked! Assault rifles! They tortured our friend, they shot her dad, we escaped..."

"What the darn whacky squirrels are you talking about?"

"Please, take us back to Harrisburg! Call the Army..."

"Harrisburg? You are very far from home, kids!"

"Please, sir..."

"Call me Roger!"

Larry, Joey and Jeffy just cried, sobbed and sat on the cold forest ground while Roger gave them water and bread, they could not speak anymore as they thought about their fallen friends and the huntsman soon started to hacksaw the awful handcuffs with great ability and skill.

Their hands were free at last, Jeffy wailed in emotional agony and Larry collapsed in tears as he realized that everything was over at last...