Bright was making dinner for them, Win was sitting on the couch, hand on his stomach, he had a small smile, dreamy eyes staring at the wall. He looked down to his stomach

Hi little button, I'm your mama or you can say papa. I'm so happy you know, your daddy is chirping like a bird, he's happy too bubba.

His trail of thoughts stopped, as his smile faltered, his mind flashed some scenes from his past. The bad soul which was behind him was still not defeated. It was alive, Win was worried about his husband and his little one.

I have to end this as soon as possible. I have to stop this generation once at all. I'm sorry grandpa, I need to stop it, I'm the last necromancer of your family. I won't let my child continue these things anymore they'll have a normal life.

He felt kisses on his cheek, he looked at his side to see Bright intently looking at him with doe orbs.

"Win to earth.. " Bright waved his hand to Win. Win laughed, he kissed him.

"Dinner ready love?" Win asked, Bright nodded, he rested his head on his shoulder "What were you thinking Bella?"

"Just.. Uh.. " Win hesitated a bit, Bright squeezed his palm "It's ok no need to tell now, feel free" Win smiled.

They sat on the dinning table, eating their dinner, Win kept on glancing on Bright. Bright looked at Win "Do you want to say something?"

Win placed his spoon down, he gulped down the water "I was thinking about our future" Bright chuckled "What about it?"

"I'm thinking to visit the temple, to seek some advice from the gurus" Win said. Bright blinked "Ok... But what advice?"

"It's about me being necromancer, see Bright, I might have given multiple tests to purify myself but still I've these powers with me"

"But you're using it for good reasons only"

"You didn't get it Bright. Bright, my powers are dangerous, everyday I need to pray to God, chant the mantras to keep my powers down. Remember the bad soul which you saw that day in me"

"Yah"

"It's another thing which I didn't say to you"

"Do you want to say?"

"Do you want to listen?"

"Always" Bright shrugged. "Complete the dinner first"

They sat on the bed, Win rested his head on Bright's lap. "When grandpa was alive, many bad souls tried to attack him, as he was the powerful necromancer. He opts for it from our ancestors, I don't know about those pasts, but what I know I'm the first child to have those powers after grandpa, my sister didn't get any powers, she was a normal girl. Fast forward to the recent event. The bad soul is a girl, she.. " Win stopped.

"She loves you?" Bright asked softly. Win sighed and nodded.

"Her name is Daeva, she and I used to be good friends at the village. I didn't know she had powers like me, I myself was a child, I didn't know much about those powers that time. But one day, when another girl approached me, she wanted to be my friends too. Daeva did a horrible thing in front of my eyes" Win closed his eyes, deeply frowning.

Bright put his thumb in between his eyebrows, making circles, to soothe down the frown.

"Daeva killed her mercilessly, gobbled down her spirit and threw her dead body down from the mountain. That day, I was scared to even meet her. I ran to my grandma for help, then grandpa said that she had bad powers, her ancestors belong to bad souls she's a part of them. She doesn't even have a real existence. She was just wandering around. I stopped meeting with her. I learnt how to control the spirits, applying dangerous powers. One day, I met her, that day she confessed me, I rejected her. She even tried to force herself on me, she was strong, I used my powers to stop her, but she was just as strong as me. I somehow managed to flee from her grip"

Win shivered at those thoughts, Bright hugged his chest. Win put his palms on his arm looking up to Bright

"When she knew that I was married to you, she tried to haunt me at my dreams, when you weren't there with me at this room, you were busy with your chics outside, she came here just for me. She cried, she begged me to go with her, but I still denied because I loved you. When I was jealous and angry with your behavior, she played her tricks unknown to me. She manipulated my mind, and I manipulated you. This was a game for her. I left you immediately after I realized what I did. I can't let you be in pain for me or for her"

Bright gritted his teeth, Win sat up looking outside the window, to the black sky, twinkling stars sprinkled around it.

"That's why whenever she possessed someone, that person always said one thing that I and Ajin can't be separated. And that's the reason why I didn't want to be with you just to save you from her"

He felt the familiar pair of arms pulling him closer to his chest. "I'm sorry whatever happened to you, she isn't in love with you Win, she's obsessed with you"

"Yes, she is. I don't know what will happen if she knew about us" Win touched his stomach, Bright placed his palm on top of Win's on the stomach. He kissed Win's neck and whispered

"Nothing will happen to us, nor our baby. We'll fight this together"

Somewhere else:

"So they are together again?" The bad soul laughed, she can see everything in the magical water. She traced her palm on Ajin's face. Her right eye shone deep black, filled with love and lust.

"Don't worry master.. Daeva is only yours, no one.. No one can take me away from your life. I'm the master's doll, I'm his future wife" The soul laughed loudly.

"Master, me and... " The soul smiled, tilting her head staring at Ajin's reflection in the water, rubbing her palm in the water as if her hands were on his chest. She inhaled forcibly, shut her eyes, rolled her head back, shook her head, her hairs jiggled at the shaking. She looked at the sky and smiled creepily once again.

Daeva means female evil spirit.
Don't mind me bringing Indian hindu culture over here. I believe in God, that's why I'm making it that way, I have no idea about Thailand's way of mantras or prayers.

Hope you enjoyed it.

Side By Sideजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें