•30•

"The patient is out of danger now, though he lost too much blood, he survived surprisingly" The doctor said and walked away.

The people in the hospital sighed in relief. Ajin was standing near the hospital window looking outside. Their village doesn't have any hospitals, so they had to travel in the city area for a check up.

Bright was admitted to the hospital.

"BRIGHT!" Win shouted. Bright's body slipped down from the edge, but luckily Win jumped and held his hand.

Bright was hanging down from the cliff, Win tried to pull him applying full force. His body was heavy, he caught his hand with both palms and pulled him. The other male members came there too to pull him, Bright was unconscious so he didn't have the strength to move upwards.

They managed to pull him, after much trying. Ajin checked his pulse, he tapped his face "Bright... Wake up hey! You can't do this Bright... Wake up bastard" He didn't realize he was crying tapping his bloody face.

The others were shocked to see their master was crying for the first time in front of them.

Ajin's grandma walked to him and patted his shoulders "Ajin... Dear take him to the hospital"

"Mum please tell him to wake up.. Please" Ajin cried, hugging Bright to his chest, his white shirt was turning red.

"Let's take him to the hospital" Grandma said, the others nodded.

Ajin was looking outside with a clenched jaw, emotionless face. He felt someone beside him

"Ajin"

Ajin turned to his grandma. "Son.. How long will this continue? How much pain will you give him?" Ajin looked back at the front.

"Why did you bring him here after knowing how dangerous this place is?"

"It was his decision not mine" Ajin said in a low tone.

"And you bring him just like that? You said you wanted to protect him still you brought him here?"

"Mum don't blame me for this, I didn't even want to cross paths with him, but guess what fate played tricks with me" Ajin huffed.

"Let him go then"

Ajin didn't answer, he gulped his saliva, gripping his pants from the side. "If you still love him leave him, you don't have to protect him anymore if you can't keep that promise, if you love him don't punish him anymore let him go away from your life"

Ajin still didn't answer. "I know Ajin, the incidents which happened 6 years ago made your life a complete hell, but you took revenge after that. He realized his mistake, you opened his eyes"

Ajin sighed. "Have you ever considered what he felt after you left him, what he feels now when he's around you. You said it was his decision to come here, can you imagine how crazy he is for you. Everyday this boy for three to four months he's trying to impress you, just to make you happy but no, you aren't even making a step instead you punish him, slap him. Every night that boy sleeps with an empty stomach, he still manages to put a smile on his face and works with others. Like you, he's also my son, it hurts to see him cry, curl up into a little ball. He doesn't belong here, Ajin, his lifestyle is different, our lifestyle is different. We have a different perspective, we all are human, but the only difference is that they are rich we are poor but one thing which doesn't change is feelings"

Ajin shut his eyes close. "The way you were crying holding him, it doesn't seem like you hate him. Stop trying to deny your feelings Ajin. You also did wrong, you took away every person from his life, the only person who was left was you. You left him. Everyone left him, he only had his one friend who helped him to rise up again. You have us, he doesn't have a single soul. You killed them in front of his eyes, you even--"

"Mum" Ajin said. The lady stopped talking. "He hurt me mum, his family insulted me, why no one can see his fault, he didn't even protest against these. He tortured me, he used to beat me, he used girls for pleasure in front of my eyes"

"And he regretted it"

Ajin stopped speaking. His grandma sighed "Ajin, he was just 22 years old just like you, his family used him too. They used to drug him, do you think it was easy for him to handle all those things alone?" Ajin didn't say anything.

His grandma turned around but said one sentence "A child isn't bad Ajin, it's the surroundings and parent's teaching which makes a child do bad things" She walked away.

Ajin gritted his teeth, fisting his palms, he closed his eyes in frustration. He felt a soft touch on his fist, he looked down to see the same kid whom Bright saved.

"Uncle.. Whel?" She asked. Ajin knelt down "He's inside the room dear."

"Uncle sleep?" She tilted her head. Ajin smiled softly "Yes uncle is sleeping dear, he needs rest, he saves you after all" She nodded and hugged Ajin. Ajin was shocked for a second, he hugged her little body.

"I lab hero uncle.. Don pow pow him pwease" She mumbled on his shoulder. Ajin hugged her tightly "I won't baby", she pulled back  "Youw lab uncle too?" Ajin didn't answer, he just stared at the girl Fo I love him?

Yes you do.

Huh who?

Your heart.

What?

Stupid. You do love him, stop acting tough Win, you love him. Ajin is just another side of you Win, Ajin is a tough person, but Win is the real person. He changed himself for you Win, he's trying, can't you see he's trying to be obedient and honest for you. Nowadays, people give each other a second chance, heck even cheaters also get a chance they still cheat. It's true a cheater can change his character but not nature, but Bright changed both. For whom? For you. He went to jail with your name for whom? For you. He came here for you, he left his office, luxury, his cousin brother, his friend for whom? For you. He suffered in the village and still kept on going everyday for four months for whom? For you. Once at least look into his eyes and see them, he can lie but can his eyes lie?

What should I do then?

You know the answer already.

"Uncle.. " The girl tapped his cheek. Ajin blinked and smiled big "I love him too" The girl smiled brightly and hugged him excitedly. Ajin hugged her. His grandma saw his smile, she smiled too.

"The patient is awake now anyone from the patient's family?" One nurse came out and asked. "He doesn't ha--" Ajin stood up, he walked towards her with the little girl. "I'm his family" He said surprising others. The nurse nodded "You can go and check on him and please sign this paper" Ajin signed the paper and walked inside the ICU.

He saw Bright lying down being pale, a bandage around his head, band aid on the nose bridge, he had few cuts on his face. He eyes travelled to the beeping machine beside the bed, he sighed in relief it was working normally.

He felt a tug on his hand, he looked down to see the girl looking at Bright. He lifted her and sat on the chair near the bed. The girl slowly crawled on Bright's bed, and held his hand "Uncle wate up"

Bright moved his head to the side and smiled "How are you bubba?" He caressed her head, she smiled "Otay.. I mich youw"

"I missed you bubba" He said. He opened his arms, she looked at Ajin, who looked at her. Seeing her deep blue orbs, he melted and nodded, she gave a toothy smile and snuggled in to his arms. He smiled, his eyes went up to Ajin who was avoiding his eye contact.

"How's the person master?" Ajin blinked He got hurt, he still cares about the others

Ajin didn't answer instead he looked at Bright, shook his head slowly. Bright shut his eyes closed and hugged the girl tightly to his chest. I'll protect you little one, I don't know how, but I'll try.

Bright got his release after three days, he healed up very well, he was happy to see the citizens were warming up to him. He didn't feel small and neglected anymore. He felt alive after the tough past days. And as he promised himself he was taking care of the child like his own.

Bright didn't talk to Ajin after his release, he didn't even see him after that day. He was worried for him. He asked the others his whereabouts, they don't have any answer to it.

Where are you Win? Come back to me.