⁰¹⁰. 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐛𝐞 𝐚 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫

Start from the beginning

The day went by quicker than expected but it was finally opening night. The Porter girl decided after all that she was going to be in the show since it was one of her last at East High, and it just made sense too. Plus Emmy said she'd throw up if she played Taylor and Theo didn't want that to happen to the girl. She sitting at the vanity and saw her mom walking into the room with a smile on her face.

"Mama?" Theo turned to her mother and stood up. "What are you doing here? I thought you were going to miss the show."

"I couldn't miss you and Gina's big night this time," Terri responded, hugging her. "Plus these came in the mail today." She pulled out two large envelopes. "Howard and City College, which I didn't know you applied to."

Theo's eyes widened as she grabbed the letters. "Oh my god. I almost forgot about these."

"Hopefully you got into both." Terri crossed her fingers. "But I know lately I've been focused on Gina and haven't asked you much about school or how the trip to Howard went, but I want you to know that I am proud of you, Theodora. You've been working hard for so many years to get to this point and I'm so proud of you. Very proud."

"Thanks, Mama." Theo smiled and then hugged her mother. "Okay, you can't stay back here too long or they'll kick you out. And I mean Maddox. She has no problem kicking out parents on opening night."

"Good luck tonight." Terri smiled and then walked out of the room. Theo smiled to herself and then sat her letters down on the vanity.

"Okay, everyone, since Nini isn't here, she asked me to hand out some cards," Ricky spoke up, gaining everyone's attention. "Warning, my handwriting sucks." He began handing out cards to everyone who walked up to him and waited as Theo approached him. "Don't look or I'll cry. Especially for yours."

"I appreciate it, Ric." Theo chuckled.

"Woah!" Ricky exclaimed a little bit. "I haven't heard that one in a while. These past couple of months it's been boy use the gotdamn front door."

Theo let out a laugh. "I guess you're right. Didn't even notice it." She mentioned. "Guess it's special because it's some of the last few months with each other, so."

"I don't dislike that," Ricky stated, rocking on his heels. "You seem to be in a better mood. Did you and Jet work things out?"

"Nope. And his name is prohibited for tonight, so please don't say it."

"Well, you're gonna be hearing it...you know what never mind."

"Plus I got some pretty good news," Theo responded, going to get her letters. "Howard and City College."

Ricky's eyes widened. "Did you get in?"

"I don't know. Haven't opened them yet." Theo answered. "Before the night ends I'll be going to one of these schools."

"Okay, I'm going to let you in on a secret," Ricky said. "I got into City College."

"Shut the..."Theo looked back to see Emmy standing at a vanity. "Shut the frickin front door. You got into City?"

"Yep. But all I have to do is keep my grades up and then I'll get to go." Ricky informed her. "My dad and Miss Jenn filled out the application for me."

"Congratulations, Ric. I'm so happy and proud of you." Theo smiled widely as she hugged him. "You're all grown up. It feels like it was yesterday when we were writing our first song together."

"And rise through the night, you and I, we will fight the shine together." Ricky sang the verse in their song.

"Bright forever." They harmonized, causing them both to laugh.