Arc 14: Let's Run, Fox (I & II)

Start from the beginning

After completing a new round of training, Shang Ke once again entered a new world.

With a thud, Shang Ke fell to the ground. The smell of dirt and grass immediately filled his nose.

Green filled his eyes when he opened them up. Sunshine shone through the dense trees and mottled the ground. From behind him were sounds of war cries and weapons clashing. Sounds like they were fighting rather hard.

From the sounds of the weapons and the environment around him, he could conclude that the era he entered was a more ancient one.

The System quickly sent him information.

This was an undeveloped primitive planet and the inhabitants of this planet were beastmen who had two forms. Their populations are made up of tribes and live all over the continent. But their numbers remain low, each tribe would have a max population of five hundred.

Shang Ke was transmigrated into a fox beastman named Yanu. His home was taken over by another tribe and he wandered by himself for a couple months until the lion tribe offered him shelter. Because of his birth defect, he was a mute. Adding in his pessimistic nature, he was rather discriminated against in the lion tribe. But to survive, he could only silently endure it and live without a presence.

He had followed the Lion King Mutu out to hunt one time, but on the way they were ambushed by the avanis. The dozen of youthful lions all died while Mutu was lucky enough to escape. As for Yanu, he was able to escape using his nimbleness from encirclement while the battle was happening.

With the lion's battle prowess, they shouldn't have been defeated so tragically. But someone from the lion tribe colluded with the avanis and leaked the route they were taking. The avanis setted up an ambush on the route they were taking. They used spider flower's scent to hide their scent and used poisoned arrows for their first round of attacks. Following that was an attack of numbers which led to the lion's almost complete wipeout.

Although the original Yanu had escaped, he was not just abandoning them to their fates. He did his best to return to the lion tribe and bring the news to them so they could send people to help and also be on guard.

However, the one in the tribe that colluded with the avanis was the Lion King Mutu's younger brother Xite. When he saw Yanu's return, he immediately understood what happened. Yanu was a mute so he could not explain the situation vocally. Xite immediately thought up something and framed Yanu as a spy and imprisoned him. Then, he led a group of people and put on a show of going to save his brother. When they arrived at the location, all they found was blood and not a single body.

The avani tribe was the cruelest tribe out of them all and were inclined to killing for pleasure. They also liked to eat the flesh of their kills. No matter which tribe it was, they would all turn into their food once they were killed.

As such, if they couldn't find any bodies, it meant that the avani tribe were the victors. The corpses of the lion tribe were all carried away by them.

While Xite showed grief and indignation on the surface, his heart was full of satisfaction. In the name of revenge, he united his tribesman and replaced Mutu's leadership as the new King. Yanu was used as the target of the tribe's hate and was burned at the stake in public, branded as a traitor as he died in injustice.

Right when Xite took over command of the tribe and decided to show his authority, the avani tribe went back on their agreement and exploited Xite in return. They massacred the hundreds of members of the lion tribe and the remainder scattered to the winds to escape. The once powerful lion tribe collapsed in a single night.

Xite led the remaining members of his command and holed up. He no longer dared to become enemies with the avanis.

A couple years later, Lion King Mutu who had a lucky escape and had healed up, returned to gather his scattered tribesmen and reestablished the tribe. They steadily gathered up power and finally wiped out the avani tribe in one swoop and regained their home.