[S1A] Chapter 1: Introductions

Start from the beginning

Pearl: "Amethyst, really! Show some manners."

Steven laughed heartily at their antics. His joy, however, was short-lived as something caught his eye—a scene unfolding a short distance away. An older boy, with a loaf of bread tucked under his arm, was hurriedly leaving a nearby store, clearly not bothering to pay.

Steven's sense of justice kicked in immediately. He couldn't ignore a potential wrongdoing, no matter how small. Without a second thought, he darted towards the boy, his determination to help overriding the confusion among the Crystal Gems.

Garnet noticed Steven's abrupt change in direction. Her visor gleamed for a moment, seemingly processing the situation. 

Garnet: "Gems, after that human!"

In unison, Amethyst burped and Pearl composed herself as they both joined Garnet and began to chase after Steven, who was hot on the heels of the older boy.

The teen, hearing the commotion behind him, slowly turned his head to see a young boy chasing him, an odd group of three multicoloured women close behind. Confusion gripped him momentarily as he scanned the scene. It didn't take him long to connect the dots: he was being pursued by the young boy and three strange, menacing women.

Immediately perceiving them as a threat, he put the loaf into his jacket and made a snap decision, his instincts guiding him to turn and run in the opposite direction. The chase was on, and the older boy was quick to put as much distance as possible between himself and his pursuers.

-------------------------------------------

The chase led them into the bustling main street of Beach City, with the older boy ahead and the Gems in hot pursuit. As they reached an intersection, the boy made a daring move, veering into a narrow alleyway. It seemed like a dead end, however Steven charged ahead, with the Gems following closely behind.

Inside the alley, Steven looked around, puzzled by the boy's sudden disappearance. But his confusion was short-lived as a noise from above caught his attention. He glanced upward, and there he saw the older boy gracefully vaulting over the tall alley wall. The Gems entered the alley moments later, panting and complaining that they'd lost the older boy. Steven eagerly explained that the boy had climbed over the wall. This idea surprised Pearl.

Pearl: "Are you sure Steven, no human would be able to rea-"

Before Pearl could finish, Garnet was quick to take action. She grabbed everyone and, in one impressive bound, soared over the wall, landing gracefully on the other side. She scanned the area to spot the older boy in the distance, still on the run.

Amethyst decided to take a shot at capturing the boy. Reaching into the purple gem on her chest, she pulled out a black whip which seemed to have small purple crystals along its edges. She launched her whip toward him, intent on tying him up, however with incredible reflexes, the boy turned and blocked the whip by letting it wrap around his left arm. 

Seeing an opening, Pearl dashed in, attempting to restrain the teen. However the teen was quicker than she anticipated; with both arms, he grabbed the whip and threw Amethyst, who was still holding onto the whip, into Pearl. As they tried to untangle themselves from the whip, the older boy turned his attention to the direction of both Steven and Garnet, the latter activating her gauntlets.