ꀘ꒐ꋊꍌ ꄲꊰ Fꏂꋬꋪ / ꇙꄲꋊ ꄲꊰ ꓄ꏂꋪꋪꄲꋪ

Beginne am Anfang

Zeus' expression darkens. "If you mean immortality, boy, I must inform you that thatwill not be not an option. Due to... forseen circumstances."

I raise my hands. "Okay, yes, the prophecy looks bad, but we don't even know if that's about me. Look at me! I'm not even killing you a little bit! You can trust me."

Rachel winces from the corner of the room and pinches the bridge of her nose with her hand in frustration.

The gods make a show of discussing my words, even though I'm sure they're not even close to actually considering them.

I walk over to Rachel. "Do you have a better idea, Ms. Pouty party?" I say.

She looks up. "Yes, actually."

"Then be my guest!"

"Okay, I will."

Rachel confidently walks up to the middle of the room and clears her throat, withstanding the disgusted looks from most of the gods.

"I know how this sounds, Your, uh, Highness's. But as the oracle, I would like to speak in favor of Percy."

Zeus's face is red with rage, but he nods. Today is not the day for him to risk my wrath.

Rachel continues, "Well, first off, if you granted him immortality you could watch over him forever! You'd never have to risk letting him out of your sight. Second, you're immortal, you can't die and it's not like he can overpower you all at once or try to chop you up or something! Even if he is a god you outnumber him 12 to 1. Third you could put some sort of- I don't know- contingency to avoid him betraying you."

Zeus is wringing his massive hands together now, he looks angry but I notice his hands tremor slightly. He's nervous. Good. I'll use that.

I stride towards the thrones and nonchalantly twirl Riptide, in pen form, across my fingers.

"What do you say, Zeus?" I say in a threateningly cheerful voice, "You owe me one."

Zeus opens his mouth as if to speak but a flash of blinding light in the front of the room interrupts him.

Everyone in the room turns. There stand three old woman, all dressed the same. With eiry smiles stretched across their wrinkled faces, and a basket full of string.

The Fates.

I hear Rachel gasp beside me and begin to mummer words quickly, I don't notice her eyes are glowing green, though.

The three women step up to the middle of the majestic throne room, right next to me. They begin to speak in raspy whispers, all speaking, one after the other.

"Give him the gift..."

"The string is placed..."

"The only way."

Zeus shudders and his eyes shine with...anger? No. Terror. He steps forward and holds out his hand above my head.

"Perseus Jackson," his voice trembles. "I grant thee divinity. You are now blessed with immortality and all of the gifts that pertain to being a god. I name thee god of..." his voice cuts off with a very out of character squeak. He looks to the Fates.

One, who is holding a pair of golden shears, speaks up in a rasp that somehow reverberates across the entirety of the throne room.

"Of time,"

"Of loyalty,"
The second cuts in.

"Of revenge."
Finishes the last.

I feel divinity seep into my veins.

Rachel slips something into my hand and everything suddenly makes sense. I slip it into my pocket.

I will myself to grow to Zeus's massive size he's held the whole meeting and uncap my sword, that has grown with me.

"Thanks a lot."

Zeus's eyes go wide with terror. "Perseus, you will kill us all! The Fates have intertwined our strings! Look!"

I turn my head and see that the fates have weaved together 13 glowing strings.

One looks up evilly. "Your fates are bound. If you try to end one,"

"You'll all die," finishes another.

I grab Zeus by the front of his robe and raise Riptide to his throat. "I died a lifetime ago, when you killed Annabeth." I lift my sword off of his neck and pass it by my side as I raise it high, like I'm going to plunge it into his chest.

But I surprise everyone when I spin around and throw my sword towards the Fates, skewering them through. They fall. "How..." one groans out.

"Even fate has strings," I say as I pick up the bundle of thread at their feet and throw down three cut, frayed threads that look much different than the others. "And yours were far too easy to steal."

Behind me, I hear some of the gods begin to weep in defeat.

I hold the threads of immortality now.

Let the icorbath begin.

(End of chapter)