Chapter Thirty Three

Start from the beginning

Sneaking a glance inside the kitchen I saw Jessie and Elizabeth talking as the British woman held a cup of coffee on her hands.

"I don't want you to take me the wrong way with what I said. I care about her that's all." Elizabeth said.

"I'm not playing with her, I genuinely like her." I heard Jessie respond... making me smile against my will.

"I can see that, yet you are still married. This thing you got going on could end up terribly, it could be worse for Kaden than it is to you. Let's say you two end this affair you got going on—you come out of it with your marriage intact, with your husband... how does it end for her?" Elizabeth's words struck hard and truthfully, by Jessie's silence I could tell so it for her.

A harsh slap to reality.

One we both needed a reminder of.

Before anything else could be uttered I walked into the kitchen like I was not snitching on their conversation around the corner.

I really did not want to hear anymore of it, it was making my stomach feel funny in the worst way. Maybe it was the alcohol, but I knew well it was anxiety and dread at the thought of their topic of conversation.

At the thought of confronting the reality of what Jessie and I got going on and the big possibility of it not turning into anything.

I stopped and acted surprised, "Damn I thought you had left." I directed my words to Jessie.

"No way... you are my ride home." She smiled at me and went to serve herself a cup of coffee.

"Good morning to you too." Elizabeth said to me.

"Good morning, why does your living room smell like puke?"

"Your friend Jen puked my carpet." Elizabeth sipped her coffee.

"That's no surprise, did you clean it?"

"Obviously, but I might as well throw it out since the smell won't come off. Divya took her upstairs after that, all I know is she didn't die." She shrugged and diverted her gaze elsewhere—following where she was looking I noticed Divya walking in —a grumpy hungover Divya at that— she walked past me and to the refrigerator.

"Morning." Elizabeth said but was met with no response.

"Good morning sunshine." I said teasingly to her—earning a glare in response.

"Fuck you Kaden." She grabbed a bottle of water and walked out of the kitchen.

I raised a brow at Elizabeth that kept on watching were she left a strange smile on her face.

Oh I see.

"Elizabeth she's straight." I felt the need to remind her.

She shrugged, "I know that."

I looked at Jessie who gave me the same look I gave her.

"I'm just saying that so you don't get your hopes up. Also don't take it personal, she's grumpy as fuck when she's hungover." I went to the pantry to search for something to eat. "Do you have anything in this place other than water, coffee and wine?"

"There must be some corn flakes over there somewhere. I don't stay here often Kaden, don't expect to find anything." Elizabeth shrugged as she scrolled through her phone.

"We could go out and pick up something for breakfast." I suggested to them.

"Can't I have a meeting in an hour." Elizabeth said. "I'll have to raincheck on that before I go back to the States."