[ in which visual conformation is required ]

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

"That's your assassin speak?" Stiles questioned and cocked an eyebrow, obviously not impressed. Glancing over her brother's shoulder, Sydney read the little white text that was on the screen.

Scott McCall dead. Payment requested.

"I said he's dead," Mr. Argent defended with a shrug. "What more do you want?"

"It was a little dry," Stiles stated, glancing at his baby sister as she pushed her way in between the two men, eying them both oddly. "You could've said something like, 'target has been neutralized. The crow flies at midnight'. That's always cool."

His eyebrow cocked, Mr. Argent glanced other at Sydney, who only merely shrugged. "He was always into the spy movies," she defended her brother lamely.

A digital beep sounded from the computer as a message popped up onto the screen- a message that was all-too familiar to Sydney.

Visual confirmation is required.

With a roll of his eyes, Mr. Argent directed Sydney as she placed her hands on the keyboard, ready to type whatever message she was told.

"Type this: 'visual confirmation isn't possible. Police coming to claim body in forty minutes'," he ordered as her fingers typed away at the keyboard quickly, due to the years of experience on social networking.

Yet another beep notified the trio of a message:

Visual confirmation is required for payment.

Stiles ran a hand through his hair as his dark eyes rolled in their sockets, Sydney's doing the same in a very similar way. An impatient groan fell from Mr. Argent's lips as he addressed the younger Stilinski sibling once more.

"Tell him number one on the list is dead. I killed him. And if the wire transfer isn't completed in forty minutes..." He pushed the girl's hands away from the computer, his eyebrows knitting together as he typed.

I'm coming for you.

>>

Sydney roamed through the hallways of the hospital, trying to act as casual as she could possibly manage. Her nerves were through the roof, and if there was another werewolf within twenty feet of her, she was sure they would be drowning in the scent of panic and anxiety that was coming from her at that moment. After taking three laps through the building with her hands shoved in her pockets and a forced somber look on her face, she was unable to cope with the hunger that clawed at her stomach any longer.

She stopped by the nearest vending machine and pulled a crumpled dollar out of her jacket pocket. She nodded her head at Mr. Argent, who stood just at the end of the hallway, as he tapped his wristwatch with his eyebrows raised. Quickly grabbing her bag of Doritos as they fell from the vending machine, Sydney began quickly maneuvering her way through the crowded hallways and back to the office in which Stiles, Liam and Kira were located.

Her Chuck Taylor's clicked against the tile floor of the empty hallway as she made her way towards the back of the building. Once she reached the room, she pushed through the door as quietly as she could manage. Immediately, she was grabbed by the shoulders in a strong grip, coming face to face with a very panicked looking Stiles.

"What the hell, Sydney?" he breathed, releasing his grip on his sister once he realized it wasn't some doctor. He wasn't planning on knocking anyone out that night, but he would do what he had to. "Why are you here?"

"We reached the twenty minute marker," Sydney said slowly, raising an eyebrow. "That's when I was supposed to come back, wasn't it?" Running a hand through his gelled hair, Stiles sighed, though said nothing more.

"Where did Liam and Kira go?" Sydney questioned as she looked around the empty room. Her gaze then rested on one of the computers that rested on the bed; her eyebrows furrowed as she realized one of the cameras was blacked out, the words "no signal" printed across the fuzzy screen.

"One of the cameras on the roof went out. They went to go see what the problem was," Stiles explained, gesturing his arm towards the camera. Almost as soon as the final word left his mouth, a deafening roar echoed throughout the hospital- faint, but still clearly audible to Sydney's supernatural hearing. She almost immediately recognized who the call belonged to, and she felt a rush of panic as she looked at her brother.

"Something bad's happening. They're in trouble."

"Sydney, don't!" Stiles lifted his hand to stop his sister from bolting out the door, but he was already too late. Sighing and slamming his fists down onto the bed, he called after the young werewolf, "Don't die!"

Not even bothering to wait for the elevator to arrive, Sydney took the stairs. Her legs were aching by the time she finished climbing the several flights, though she didn't let it faze her as she ran through the same door in which it had all started- where Liam was first bit.

"Sydney!" Liam's voice called through the darkness of the night air, ducking to avoid the blow from a Berserker. The bony monster flailed its arms around its body, swinging at him and Kira as they attempted to fight it off. "What are you doing up here?"

His eyes met the glowing blue ones of the young girl for a brief moment and he felt himself beginning to shift. One look from her was enough to distract him, giving the Berserker the chance to grab him by the jacket in its clawed hands and fling him into a nearby chain-link fence that surrounded the blown-out generator.

Letting out a low growl, her claws appearing at her fingertips with a flick of her wrist, Sydney launched herself towards the monster. The Berserker stumbled to the side at the force of her blow, though quickly recovered and raised its arm once more. She dodged the swinging arm of the Berserker as Kira began fighting it with her katana. The creature didn't even seem fazed by the blade that hit its body, knocking the kitsune to the ground harshly.

Forgetting about the threat for a mere second, Sydney quickly rushed to her friend's side to help Liam rouse her to her feet. Though turning her back on the Berserker wasn't a good idea, as before she could even lift Kira to her feet, she felt the blow of the monster's arm hit her side, and she went flying across the rooftop.

"Sydney!" Liam was by her side in an instant, as was Kira, the pair staring at the Berserker that slowly- teasingly- approached them. Liam's arms were wrapped around Sydney's small body, gently pulling her to her feet and yanking her away from the oncoming skeletal monster. Feeling a rush of adrenaline from his touch, Sydney reached out and buried her claws into the ribcage of the creature, harshly pushing it backwards with a loud growl.

The Berserker regained its balance, though instead of advancing on the trembling trio as they all expected it to, it turned and broke through the door that shielded the roof from the rest of the hospital. Its low growls faded away as it made its way down the dozens of flights of stairs. Sydney braced herself to run after the monster, ignoring the warning looks from Liam and Kira, though didn't get a chance to, as she went staggering into the nearest chain-link fence. She stared down at the three deep gashes in her stomach, caused by the Beserker's claws. Blood still seeped from the wound, staining her light colored jeans crimson and slowly trailing down her legs. She felt lightheaded, having to hang onto Liam's jacket for support. His arms were wrapped around the girl's shoulders, his eyebrows pulled together and his blue eyes staring questioningly down at the wound on her stomach.

"Why aren't you healing?" He questioned slowly, almost as if he were afraid to know the answer.

"Some wounds take longer to heal." Sydney said this as more of a question than a statement. Honestly, she didn't know why she wasn't healing- she wasn't even feeling herself beginning to heal. Though she couldn't find herself to worry about it at that moment, as she had more important things on her mind- like Scott.

Almost as if on cue, Stiles appeared in the doorway of the broken down door, breathless and panicked. His eyes scanned the trio before resting on Kira, swallowing nervously before his voice echoed through the night air.

"It's time."

Monstrous ➳ Dunbarजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें