"You know what I'm talking about, you can't follow a man without you know.....so was he bad?"

"No, he wasn't, why are you asking that."

" Well, why are you acting like you had the worst time ever?" she asked exhausted.

"I didn't plan on going home with a guy and also another thing getting out of his house was the hardest thing ever. Like how can someone own such a large house at such a young age. I couldn't even find the exit and the middle-aged woman who showed me at last the exit, if you could just imagine the stink eye she gave me. And I was like yes ma'am, would never follow someone home again." I finished my ramblings with a sigh falling into the couch.

I was expecting Anita to sympathize me but my friend has other plans as she started laughing uncontrollable which shocked me like can't she feel my pain.

"I'm sorry char, but God you are so dramatic."
I gave her a pointed look wondering how I was dramatic.

"Okay fine char, sorry for the experience but really it's not much of a big deal. I'm wondering how you ain't even dealing with a hang over."

"The big deal is why did you let me follow him, you maybe you should have stopped me." I paused and looked at her dead in the eye. "Did you even look for me?"

"I did, c'mmon I wouldn't just leave you like that. When I was about to leave, I came to get you but you and your guy had plans already and you said I should leave you. I will be fine Ani, I'm serious." Anita explained mimicking me.

Shocked morphed over my face, damn I shouldn't have drank a lot.

My expression alarmed Anita, "okay let's drop all jokes, did he do you wrong."

"No, it's just that you know I didn't plan on doing all that."

"Charlotte, you got learn to relax and have fun. It's part of the experience of being an adult."

"Yeah yeah." I replied quietly.

"So tell me everything." Anita asked with curiosity in tone.

Playing along with her I responded "oh yeah, how was your night with damson too."

My statement made Anita quiet. She hadly ever talks about what goes on with him.

"Since you aren't going to tell me, might as well forget me telling you sweetie."

Anita groaned loudly, "Ahhhhhhhhhh!" Which earned a little giggle from me

🏀🏀🏀

"Adams has contributed absolutely nothing to this team ever since drafted. At this point, the team ought to trade him." The sport pundit voice coming from the radio as I listened while driving to the Chicago Bulldogs training facility. Honestly these pundits never put themselves in athlete's shoe, they just say what they feel without anyone making them responsible for their comments.

"......I never believed what he said on media day about training hard and keeping fit. Just a few weeks into the season and he's injured. Like take care of your body. No professionalism on his part. He's just....."

I turn off the radio pissed off cutting the pundit's harsh words. Really, how does he know this man isn't putting the work needed in. God it's so infuriating for people to just assume athlete don't try to keep their bodies healthy just to intentionally miss games. SERIOUSLY. Oh lord, listening to this show has put my mood off the rails and that not what I want on my first day of work.

Poor guy is probably trying to recover from his injury, and imagine if he heard these words and what it will do to his game.

I decided to brush aside the pundit's words as I packed my car in the Bear's parking lot. I can't believe this is now my life, while there might be some exceptions to what I dreamt of. I'm excited to working here for a couple of years. My body tingled with both excitement and relief at how wonderful it's going to be.