Rose-Red Tyrant: Part four

Y/n, Grim, and Deuce all arrived at the store, Sam's Mystery Shop. The trio entered inside and looked at all the nick-knacks that lined the many shelves and displays. Deuce was taken aback when he saw how whacky the place was.

  "This shop is wild!" exclaimed Deuce his eyes darting here and there trying to see everything at once, "They have crystals skulls, taxidermy animals and grimoires!"

   "Your reaction was like mine when I first came here," stated Y/n heading to the front to find the shop's owner.

    "You've been here before, Y/n?" asked Deuce falling into step alongside the trainer.

   "On my first day here," said Y/n looking at Deuce with a smile, "After I got out of the infirmary I headed here to see if there was a way for me to fix Ramshackle."  

   "And was the shop keeper helpful?" asked Deuce not noticing the shopkeeper coming out of the backroom to see the two costumers.

"Greeting stray imps, and Beast Master," said the shop keeper before Y/n had the chance to answer back, "How are you faring on this fine day?"

   The man had on a top hat that bore a skull, he had a bone necklace and had pinkish eyes. Grim and Deuce stared at the man wondering if this guy actually sold cream here.

   "We are faring as well as we could be," said Y/n since Grim and Deuce were gawking at the man, "And how are you today, Sam?"

   "I am doing quite well," said Sam as he turned his attention to the two boys, "Welcome to Sam's Mystery Shop! What among my selection interests you?"

   "So much selection," muttered a dazed Grim being overwhelmed by all the things in the shop.

   "We need what is on this list," said Deuce snapping out of his stupor and handing the list to Sam.

   "Along with two cans of tuna!" yelled Grim before he was silenced by Y/n.

   "No, Grim!" said Y/n flicking Grim on the head making him whine.

   "Grim, we are not here for tuna!" yelled Deuce glaring at the monster as Grim looked at Y/n with a pout on his face.

    "Cream and eggs," said Sam as he read the list before looking at the two students, "This is a pretty sweet list. I'll go get everything for you!"

   Sam disappeared into the backroom as Deuce and Grim were shocked that he did sell cream and eggs here. Y/n in the meantime wondered about looking at the nick-knacks. He gazed landed on a small locket. It looked small and unremarkable to the normal eye, but Y/n saw something on this locket that made her freeze. One the locket was a symbol like that ring around Arceus. She leaned down and grabbed the locket for closer examination. That was indeed Arceus's symbol. What was this doing here?

  "Find something that you like," said Sam appearing behind the trainer making her jump.

   "Nothing," said the trainer as she turned to look at Sam, "This locket just caught my eye."

    "You can have it if you want," said Sam with a smile taking the locket and clasping it of the trainer's neck, "A small gift from me and my friends."

   "I shouldn't," said Y/n feeling bad for not paying for the locket.

   "Think nothing of it," said Sam waving off the trainer's apprehension, "Your friends are waiting for you outside the shop. You should go and join them."

   Y/n nodded and thanked Sam once again and walked out of the shop missing the small smile sent her way.

   Ace and Grim were waiting outside the shop just as Sam promised, Grim looked at the trainer and let out a sigh.