Chapter Five (🍋)

Barry had ran back in time to put the can of tomatoes back that he originally put in the shopping cart of his mother.

But he just couldn't let things be untouched.

He put all of the cans of tomatoes on the top shelf so his father needed to look up to grab one.

That wouldn't change the entire universe, right?

Right?

Barry ran back to 2023, just in time for his father's trial.

He got into a suit with a tie before running to the courthouse. Barry arrived late as the room got silent and everyone looked at him.

The lawyer sighed as Henry gave a small smile to his son.

Barry quickly sat down as the lawyer continued. "As I was saying, the same security camera footage, Exhibit F in the original trial, was initially considered useless, but has now been enhanced, using the latest tech from Wayne Enterprises."

The footage on the screen got a lot clearer, almost like nothing had happened to it.

"It confirms the alibi Mr. Allen has argued, and his son, Barry, has corroborated since day one."

As the footage continued to play, it eventually showed Henry looking up to grab a can of tomatoes.

"Here." the lawyer pointed at Henry's face on the footage. "Right here, you can clearly see my client, Mr. Allen, reaching for a can of tomatoes on the top shelf."

Henry looked back at Barry before extending his hand back so Barry could take it.

The audience around them began to murmur and chatter as Barry couldn't help but let a tear out of his eye.

He had done it.

He couldn't get his mother back, but he got his father back.

¤¤¤

Barry walked outside of the courthouse with Iris, a friend and his crush, by his side. Reporters immediately ran up to him and started asking him questions.

"Mr. Allen, Mr. Allen, can you tell us a bit more about what happened, please?"

"Well, um... the-- the tomatoes moved from the bottom shelf to the top shelf, and subsequently, uncooked the spa-- spaghetti." Barry explained, seeing the confused looks the reporters gave him. "Unquote."

"I'm sorry, that makes absolutely no sense. What are you talking about, sir?"

"Thank you. Thank you so much." Iris grabbed Barry's arm and walked through the reporters to get away from them. "We're good here. Thank you."

"Did I give a good quote?" Barry asked omce the two had created some distance between them and the reporters.

"Yeah." Iris shrugged. "Spaghetti. Hey, speaking of food, I was thinking, um... you should ask me to dinner."

"D-Dinner with me?" Barry asked in surprise.

"Yes, a date, Barry." Iris softly chuckled.

"Iris West, do you wanna dinner-date me?" Barry awkwardly spoke.

"I'd love to."

"Thank you." Barry smiled. "I'd love to also."

"Call me." Iris smiled before walking away from Barry.

Barry looked back at Iris and started to softly sing Pedro Navaja to himself before his phone began ringing.

Barry took out his phone, seeing that Bruce Wayne was calling him. He answered the call before holding the phone against his right ear. "Bruce!"