Interviews and Irritations

Comenzar desde el principio

"Well, you certainly seem like you'll be a good fit! I assume that you've already signed the NDA then?" She said still smiling, beginning to warm up to her.

Y/n nods, "I have indeed! I didn't have a few questions though- it's my understanding that my main job will be to lessen the workload of Mr.Darling, as well as making sure he does basic things like eat and rest it's this correct?" She says, trying to clarify.

Julie nods, "that is correct. You will also be bringing him any paperwork that requires his specific attention as well as his coffee every few hours," she leans in before whispering, "however if you could somehow get him to drink some water for a change, that would be absolutely amazing" she leans back and chuckles.

Y/n laughs nodding, "I think I can manage that Mrs.Darling."

"Please, call me Julie," she grins at y/n, making her eyes widen slightly before she grins.

"Already? And I didn't even have to try and bribe you with home-baked brownies!" She said teasingly, getting Julie's attention.

"You bake?" She said curiously, a small wistful edge to her voice.

Y/n grins, "yeah, not as often as I'd like, but sometimes. If I end up baking, should I bring some in?"

"Yes please! I can cook but I'm an awful baker!" Julie laughs, a warm smile beginning to spread across her face, making y/n laugh happily.

"Haha, tell you what- give me about a week, and in exchange for cooking lessons, I'll show you how to bake brownies of you'd like?" Y/n said, her voice sincere.

Julie stands up, causing y/n to do the same. "Sounds like a deal! I have a good feeling about you y/n, now let's see if you can survive my husband." She grinned mischievously, making y/n smile confidently.

"Leave him to me, Julie. I don't scare easily."

~~~~~

"-and then I told her your coffee order, and handed her a map. I told her to head up to your office with coffee no later in no later than 30 minutes, and I guess she did. She must have used the time to do a bit of exploring as well, she doesn't seem to be getting lost."

Wally nodded as Julie finished her tale, the pair of them watching Y/n navigate the factory with ease on the monitor. She hadn't taken a single wrong turn yet, barely hesitating at each turn, just enough to make sure she wasn't going to be bumped into.

"After she makes her route around the factory, perhaps I'll introduce her to the others, she certainly handled you with ease, the other should be a piece of cake!" Julie said to her husband, teasing him.

Wally rolled his eyes and and smirked, pulling her into his lap and hugging her. She laughed and kissed him on the cheek, before returning her gaze to the monitors. "I mean it though, I think she's going to do some good here."

"Yeah, meanwhile however, perhaps we should talk about how you hired me an assistant with a very specific ad behind my back?" He said, chuckling softly as she froze for a moment, before sighing.

"Damn, was it that obvious?" She shook her head, making Wally laugh.

"Kind of, and don't worry, y/n didn't mention the ad, I figure that out myself. Besides, much as I'd like to, I can't argue with results…" he said, grumbling slightly as Julie laughed.

"Neither can I! From what you mentioned, you were shocked enough you didn't even argue, I'll have to ask her to teach me her secrets!" Julie said teasingly, making him growl lowly as his arms tighten around her waist slightly as he rolls his eyes.

"Ha ha very funny-" He paused, hearing shouting. "What the…" the pair of the looked at the monitors, trying to find the source of the yelling. They finally see it as they look at one production floor cams, seeing a pair of figures screaming at each other. Wally groans, recognizing the one facing the camera as Jeremy, the resident factory asshole.