Interviews and Irritations

He frowns, before picking up his phone and dialing a number. The person he called answered the phone.

"Yes?"

"Hello Julie, would you mind coming up to my office? I have a few questions about that new assistant you hired for me…"

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇
A few hours earlier
◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

"-Are you sure this is the right place girlie? I've heard form pretty nasty rumors about his place."

The woman frowned, quietly annoyed at the cab driver. "Yes, I'm sure. Thank you for the drive." She responds levelly, "here, keep the change" she passed the payment to the driver before getting out of the taxi. She closed the door and begins walking up to the factory entrance as the taxi drives away, seemingly unable to get away from the factory fast enough. She rolled her eyes at the man's dramatics, before pushing open the door and approaching the secretary at the desk. "Hello," she greets politely, "I'm here for my interview with Mrs.Darling?"

The secretary jumped, not hearing the woman come in. "Oh! Hello, you said you had an appointment with Mrs.Darling?" She repeated skeptically.

The woman smiled somewhat amused, "yes, I did, it should be in your computer, and I have all the relevant paperwork needed."

The secretary eyed her critically, before shrugging, "if you say so, who should I say is here?" She says, picking up the phone.

The woman smiles warmly, looking up at the factory logo above the secretary's head. "Y/n. My name is Y/n."

30 minutes later, y/n sat across a desk from Julie Darling, the lovely wife of Wally Darling as she critically looks over her paperwork. As she finishes looking over y/n's paperwork, she looks up and stares suspiciously at the woman. "-and you mentioned you had how much experience in a lab?" She said, her voice cool.

Y/n smiled at her, "at least 3 years ma'am. Call it a lifelong aspersion of mine. I'm also quite good at keeping people on task." She said easily, seemingly completely unbothered by Julie's cold demeanor.

Julie's brown furrowed, slightly confused. "And you want to work here? How did you come to know what it is we do here?" She says severely, still not trusting the woman in front of her.

Y/n nodded to the paperwork, "the ad that came my way supposedly came from here, the specifications were very thorough. You need someone who knows their way around a lab, but also stubborn enough to not be pushed around easily. Judging by how critically you've been eyeing my papers, I have a sneaking suspicion as to WHO posted the ad, seeing as how it doesn't seem to be public knowledge." She raised her eyebrow as she looked at Julie, who immediately flushed.

"...you are, very observant…" Julie grumbled. "I did in fact post the ad, a fact that will remain in this room, one way or another." She said threateningly, making y/n smile, amused.

"I'm sure, assuming that means you're always looking for, how shall I say- volunteers?" She smiled widely as Julie's eyes widened, "you have blood on your sleeve." Y/n says as she sees Julie reaching for the phone, making her pause. "I assure you I know what I'm signing up for. By the wording of the ad. I suspect that Mr.Darling has a bad habit of not taking care of himself?"

Julie laughed once, completely shocked, "That's, correct… not only are you observant, you're quite intuitive aren't you?" She said, starting to smile slightly. "You really have figured out what you're getting into here, haven't you?"

"Haha, yes I have," y/n said warmly, "and I assure you, I am more than willing to help out. A place that will let me sate my curiosity, regardless or moral standpoint, but also won't cross certain lines? Sign me up!" She grinned, making Julie laugh loudly and smile herself.