characters n info

Okay so- I realized that there's some info I don't really have a graceful way to just casually bring up, so I'm putting it here!

Most of the character sheets were found by my proof reader, the ever lovely LunaTheHedgehog2179, who has been helping me not lose my shit and stay focused as I write this! 😅(I'm good at procrastination lmao) I do have however created a couple of the pictures in this book, including the cover(I'm learning how to do photo edits as I go lol) I want it put out there that I DO NOT own the original pictures, but any and all edit were done by me! With that being said-

Meet the "cast!"

So here's Walden "Wally" Darling

He and Y/N are the same age

He's 15 in the prologue

When ophelia is born - 29

When take over factory - 21

And 36 by the time of "sleepless and stubborn"

This is Y/n

Her ages match wally

(This one is an edit- all I really did was change the eye color and put her hair in a ponytail with the lab coat- original artist for this Y/N is MirraCle91 on deviant art, her art is amazing you should go check her out)

her eyes go crystalline when she uses her gift, but overuse can damage her eyesight, it usually comes back but quite slowly. She found out her limits when her parents(read abusive assholes) forced her to go to the Apple Factory labs to "train" her ability so she'd stop using it by accident. She has full control now, but left her parents as soon as she was able.

This us the lovely Ophelia

She was 7 years old when she died, she had a seizure when on the cat walks over the grinder, she was only up there because wally wasn't watching her and she wandered out of his office while he worked late.

This is Julie

She is a year younger than y/n and Wally. She and Sally run the labs. She's pretty cold and harsh when you first meet her, but warms up over time. Y/n was the first person she told she was pregnant, and was the shoulder she cried on after Ophelia's death. When Y/n and Wally began getting closer, she encouraged her to do so, stating that y/n deserved to be happy and if Wally made her happy to go for it.

Here is Sally

She gives mild crackhead energy imo lol

She's the youngest of the crew at 26 years old. She 100% lives for chaos and will absolutely blackmail Wally for a raise hahaha. Also she and Barnaby definitely have gossip sessions lol.

Here's Frank

He runs records, and is in a relationship with the lovable doof that is Eddie. Does not tolerate bs and will call you out on it and judge you harshly unless Eddie is in the room.

Here's Eddie

He makes deliveries around the factory and delivers the mail. Is in a relationship with Frank and ABSOLUTELY DOTES ON THAT MAN. Is a massive himbo and acts as a proper father figure to Y/n, he takes that role very seriously haha. Is very southern and 100% tried to chase down Y/ns ex with his rifle when he cheated on her 😅

Here's Howdy

He's the resident cook and is 100% the only reason that 90% of the factory staff haven't starved to death hahaha. He CAN fly with his wings but he is REALLY not good at it lol.

Here's Poppy

Resident mom friend and exasperated nurse, runs the infirmary, tried to keep everyone alive but also takes no sass(can, has and will smack Wally upside the back of his head for being reckless and berate him for not taking care of himself- often aided by y/n before she turns on her as well, making wally cackle)

Here's Barnaby

Mega dad friend vibes, knows wally's father. 100% the only reason wally survived until adulthood, and basically raised him instead of Wallace. Will 100% pick up either wally or yn by their lab coats and put them in time out in their offices lol. Can will and OFTEN DOES tease Wally to make fun and joke around, tries to get Y/n to laugh at the stupid things- once put a pencil in Wally's hair and waited to see how long it'd take him to notice(spoiler it stayed there until y/n bust out laugh and told wally about the pencil)

Here's Wallace Darling(not cannonly him it's just the image I found closest to my imagination of him, I just put some Gray in his hair-)

Wally's father, pompous prick, total jerk and abusive asshole. He never actually HIT his son, but would neglect him and ignore him unless berating him. He blames Wally for his mother's death, even though he had absolutely nothing to do with it.

He is the Original founder of the Rainbow Factory, now has a separate factory the "Apple factory", a rival for the RF. Plays nice to investors, makes a variety of apple based products, sauce, juice, pastries, pins, clothes ect. But the labs are hidden underneath the factory, and the experiments are far worse, as he crosses one of the only lines that the RF won't, using kids in the experiments.