Tired

Hello everyone! Hope your enjoying the story, it means a lot that people really like this and i enjoy writing something like this even tho it takes me a little bit to come up with a chapter so apologies for that! Anyway enjoy!

——————————————————————————————————

You finally made it to the mess hall where the cafeteria was held, god you were so hungry..having nothing to eat since this morning before your shift, your very long shift..you felt your stomach growl from the hunger and you held it to keep it from any more noise "yeah yeah i know shut uuup.." you whined as if you were having a conversation with your belly. You walk in, luckily not many people in the room, good. You make your way to the food bar, grabbing some food on a tray as you walk over to the coffee station to get a nice warm coffee to try and wake yourself up a bit from the slow tiring day in the medical wing.

You grab a mug and pour yourself a freshly made pot of coffee, the smell filling your nose and you breathe in the scent as you let out a small breath of relief, you look at something from the corner of your eye and you immediately recognized who was standing at the coffee station, but he has a different mask on? Still a skull type mask but it was a lot lighter and probably easier to breathe in, you could see his eyes so clearly now..your gaze looking to the cup of tea he had in his hand as he lightly rubbed his eyes with his fingers like he was trying to rub away a headache. You look back up at him and his mask, curious on why he wore a mask so much, even when its so late in the evening..but you get snapped out of your thoughts when you see him staring at you. Your breath hitches in your throat seeing his eyes pierce at you like daggers..

"A-ah..uhm..h-hi" You stutter out, mentally scolding yourself for being so nervous..why were you so nervous? You see this man almost all the time on base or in the medical wing treating his wounds or pain. He looked so tired..has he been sleeping at all? You never noticed this earlier when looking at his bruise, though he had a heavier mask on then so..it would make sense to not notice.

He gives you a nod of acknowledgement to know you're there as he leans against the counter, holding the steaming cup of tea as he lets it cool down a bit. Ahh, always so quiet..but it wasn't bad, a little bit unsettling but it was just who he was, you were sure that he probably talks to people he knows.

He was so.. mysterious, yes mysterious was the word to describe this guy. You never really seem him outside of the medical wing where he spent his time whenever you were there, which you thought was kind of strange, coincidence maybe? But something else could be a mist..

You were so lost in thought that you didn't realize he was waving a hand in front off your face and you look up as you snap out of your thoughts.

"You alright?" His voice echoes through your ears like a soft rugged melody as his rough British accent comes through.

"Ah, y-yes yes I'm okay, sorry.." you respond back, feeling slightly embarrassed for zoning out like that in front of him and you swore you felt your heart flutter with him standing in front of you. "I guess I'm just a little tired is all.." you say softly and look up at his tall figure as his eyes stared down at you tiredly.

"Are..are you alright? You look tired.." you say and he looks at you as he brings his fingers up to his eyes, rubbing them a bit "I'm fine..just a long day." He responds, wow..he was actually talking with you, other than almost pure silence like usual in the medical wing.

"Oh I'm sorry, you did mention that you had a lot of training today when you came in earlier didn't you." You speak softly, his eyes looking down at you as he gives a lightly nod. "Yeah..I did." His accent ringing through your ears again, you felt like you could listen to it all day..

"Well, try and get some rest okay? If you need anything you usually know where to find me." You offer him a soft smile, to assure him that you'll be around if he needed something. He offers a nod and he gets up off the counter as he walks off out of the cafeteria with his tea.

You sigh softly and put a hand to your chest as you feel your heart beating against it, feeling the heavy pulse of the artery against your palm and fingers. You barely knew this man but somehow he made you feel so weak in the knees and made your heart flutter like crazy. You get what you needed for caffeine and food as you make your way back to the medical wing, somewhere you always spent your time, it felt like home to you so you never really left unless it was to actually go sleep. Even if your shift was over you still had papers to fill out.

You glance over as Ghost makes his way down a hall and he opens up a door, heading inside and closing it behind him. 'Huh..so that must be his quarters' you thought to yourself and you make a mental note in the back of your mind. At least you know where he is in the evening if he wasn't out on missions.

You finally make it back and head over to the office and sit down, setting down your mug on the desk and munch on an apple that you grabbed as you start filling out some more papers that you had as you eat, today felt so slow and exhausting..you felt so tired but you had to get some work done.

You lost track of time, your head laying on the desk as you breathe softly with the lamp still on, sleeping with your arms on the surface of papers and your head leaning against your upper arm. You were so deep in slumber that you didn't hear the door open, a pair of feet making their way towards you and covering you with a blanket ever so softly. You smile a bit in your sleep and adjust your head a bit, but remain asleep non the less.

A soft chuckle comes from the figure and they gently pet your head, leaning down, that familiar British accent whispering it's way into your head "Sleep well y/n.." and with that they left as the door softly shuts and you sleep through the night at your desk.

--------------------------------------

Hello everyone! Apologies for this taking so long, I've been really busy lately but I promise you chapters are still coming out. Thank you for your patience and hope you enjoyed! Until next time.

Bye bye~