First encounter

(WARNING!!! Mention of blood, cursing, gun use, medical tools, needles, etc. if you are sensitive to any of these warnings, please do not read this story! If you are okay to continue then enjoy the story, thank you!)

————————————————————————————-

Six years..

Six years of both college and medical school, you studied and worked so hard to be where you are now..to be part of such an enormous team of task force 141 and to be a medic on their base. You were good at what you did, you've seen bad to worse wounds while on the field, but the captain kept you in the med bay cause they were low on medics and nurses in there. But you didn't mind it, you actually liked it there. It wasn't as chaotic as on the field and missions you had to be on before where you would watch people die in your hands because you didn't have enough supplies, not like you do here.

You always wanted to do good for the soldiers in the military, they go through so much while in service, mentally and physically. But you always took care of the wounded, big or small. In this case..the med bay was completely bashed with injured soldiers. Gunshots, stab wounds, burns from explosions, being beat to a pulp, you name it. Different soldiers were here for different reasons, but you helped nonetheless to those in need.

But someone stood out to you..you never really learned peoples names as you always kept to yourself, other then talking to a few other nurses/medics during lunch and what you needed for supplies. You couldn't help but stare from a distance, his gloved hand holding a bloodied cloth to his abdomen; looks like he was shot..but something about his demeanor seemed..scary. His sleeves rolled up his muscular forearms as one of his arms had a sleeve of skulls, black gloves, normal army clothing like the pants and the boots and shirts, he even had a scarf that was bloody and torn. But what caught your attention; was his mask. A balaclava type hooded mask that had a skull sewn onto it. Fuck..was it real? Or was it used to show off his scary energy that illuminated off of his body.

One of the medics snapped you out of your thoughts and you look up, quickly getting a pair of surgical gloves and you head over to the skull faced figure, bringing over a rolling tray with different medical tools on it, from needles, to gauze and tweezers. You looked at the masked figure in front of you as his blueish gray eyes stare back at you. You swore you could feel his gaze staring into your soul. You took a small gulp and got your composure in tact as you smile, trying to lighten the atmosphere.

"Hey there..my name is Sergeant L/N (last name), Im gonna be your medic for today, I heard you got a pretty bad shot on the field. Im gonna take a look to make sure the bullet isn't still in there okay? Make sure there isn't any other damages either. So lay down on the cot for me okay?" The skull masked man looked at you before letting out a little grumble and doing as told as he laid back onto the cot, holding the bloodied cloth tight against his abdomen.

You come over to his side and you bring over a stool and sit down as you reach to move his hand away, he clenches the cloth tighter with his blood covered gloved hand. "Sir, i know you don't like this but i need to look..please move your hand so i can do my job." You said sternly but softly. He rolls his eyes to the side and he relents, moving his hand out of the way so you can work. You smile at him with a thankful look in your eyes and you gently move the cloth from his bleeding abdomen. You grab a pair of scissors made to cut clothing and you gent put it to the bottom of his shirt and cut right above his abdomen so you can see the wound better.

Blood leaked out of the bullet hole and he breathed a bit heavy from the pain, you didn't blame him.. you did your work as you cleaned up the surrounding blood around the wound and grabbed a pair of long tweezer like tool to retrieve the bullet that was in there. "Alright this is gonna hurt a lot..so I apologize but bare with me.." and with that you stuck the tweezers into the hole, the sound of squishing flesh ringing into your ears followed by a pained filled hiss and grunt as the man leaned his head back against the cot, cursing under his breath, breathing heavy as you dug your tweezers into his stomach.

You felt bad for the pain he had to endure but you had to get that bullet out..keeping his bleeding under control with the cloth in your other hand and carefully moving the tweezers around until you could grab onto something hard, Jackpot. You grab onto the still intact bullet and slowly and carefully pull it out from his abdomen as he growls a bit from the pain but also slight relief from the removal. You set the bloodied bullet in the metal pan and put the tweezers down, grabbing the curved needle and thread so you can stitch up the wound.

"Just a little longer..bare with me.." You say softly trying to assure him this wont last too much longer, him responding with a pained grunt and his piercing blue eyes staring at you. You take a breath and you carefully push the needle through his skin, your fingers of your other hand pressing against his stomach to keep yourself steady, you could feel his muscled skin through your gloves..You finish as quick as you could and you snip the thread with a small pair of scissors, grabbing a large gauze pad and medical tape as you put it over the stitches and stick it to his skin.

"There! All done, I apologize for the pain, I'll prescribe you with some medicine to help ease it, especially at night to help you sleep okay?" You look at the skull masked man laying on the cot as he stares at you quietly, his stare seeming eerie with how silent he was..you shake it off and you stand up as you take off the blood covered gloves and toss them in the metal pan with the bullet. "I will be right back with the medicine and you can head to your dorm and rest alright?" You explained and he just simply nodded as he held his abdomen that you patched up. And with a nod of your own you head off to get prescribed medicine and to get the bloody tools cleaned and sterilized.

After about five minutes you came back with a bottle of pain medication to help ease the discomfort, handing it to the masked figure in front of you as he was sitting up holding his stomach with his gloved hand. You give a small smile as you look at him. "Take one before you go to bed and one in the morning, if it doesn't ease the pain, come back and I'll find you something stronger to get the job done okay sir?" You look at him, his eyes staring at you as his other hand reaches, grabbing the bottle of pills from your hand, his gloved fingers brushing against yours as his voice suddenly speaks out, his deep gruff sounding voice echoing in your head as he speaks low in his British accent of his.

"Thanks..and call me Lieutenant..Lieutenant ghost.." he spoke as he stared at you with his cold blue eyes through that skull mask of his..those eyes that will haunt you in your dreams.

——————————————————-

(Hello reader! I hope you enjoyed my first try at making my first fan fiction relating to a game character such as Simon "ghost" Riley himself. I always see TikTok's of fan fictions and c.ai {character.ai} and i wanted to give it a shot myself. It has been a while since i have written a story like this so forgive me if its not the best but i tried to provide the best reading experience i could and i do hope to do more chapters for this story soon. Thank you again and hope to see you soon! Byeee~)