Episode eight

Y/n had entered the gym building

Y/n had entered the gym building. Fuecoco in his arms, tinkatink on his shoulder, and wattrel taking his new spot on y/n's head, nesting in his hair.

Believing he's ready, he entered the building. And just like before, the moment he entered, he saw nemona standing at the desk.

Nemona: "Vaya! Y/n?! It's so wild that we ended up randomly visiting the same gym at the same time- again! What a weird coincidence..."

Y/n: "yea... Really weird.."

Nemona: "I swear I'm not just sneaking ahead of you so I can lie in wait and go ”oh wow weird, might as well battle now that you're here!”"

Y/n and tinkatink gave her the side eye.

Nemona: "no, seriously! Look, to prove it, I won't even challenge you to a battle this time! Much as I'd like to... But look at you and your pokemon! They've definitely gotten stronger since last time!"

Y/n: "I mean... We did fight a Gyarados..."

Nemona: "I'll be cheering for ya! I'll go train, like, maybe 20 pokemon or so while you tackle the gym!"

As usual, nemona had run off...

"w-wat...?"

Y/n: "don't worry wattrel... You'll get used to that..."

He sighed, and went up to the desk staffer.

Desk staffer: "welcome to the artazon gym! Let me register you as a challenger. Your name is y/n, yes?"

Y/n: "yes ma'am"

Desk staffer: "great! Now, in order to face gym leader Brassius, you'll first need to pass the gym test. Here at the artazon gym, that means completing a game of sunflora hide and seek!"

Y/n: "hide and seek..?"

Desk staffer: "as you may know, artazon is a city of artists. The artwork made by the people here is largely inspired by nature and the sun they nurtures it. Since sunflora embody these concepts, we try to gather them and take good care of them! Your job today is to find the sunflora located throughout artazon. Remember, these pokemon look like sun-shaped flowers! Gather 10 of them and bring them to the sunflora lawn, and you pass the test. When you leave the gym, turn right and you'll see two large sunflora statues. Head for those! Once you're at the lawns entrance, the staffer there will tell you more about the gym test. Now get out there and have fun!"

The desk staffer waved y/n off, as he walked away, and out the gym building. Following the instructions he was given, he arrived at the lawn entrance, and to the staffer in front of it.

Staffer: "hi there! I look after the artazon gym's sunflora. I hope you're ready, Challenger. It's time for a game of sunflora hide and seek! I'll go ahead and ask the sunflora to spread themselves out around town!"