I pulled back to see a grinning Luffy and the other two beat red. After a minute they shook their heads and snapped out of it.

"W-wait, what do you mean by non-birthday?" Sabo choked out, still red.

"Well my birthday isn't for another couple of months." I explained, while Chi backed me up with a 'Chi'.

"Is that so?" Ace asks before he and Sabo turn to stare at Luffy.

They both pounced him. "Luffy, you said it was going to be today!" Ace griped.

"We wouldn't have gone that quick if it wasn't here yet!" Sabo added on.

I laughed. "Hey Sabo!"

He stopped attacking Luffy, "Hm?"

"Will you help me pierce my ear?" I asked, pulling back my hair and grabbing a medical needle.

That night he helped me pierce my ear, so that I could wear the earring that Luffy got me. I pulled the hair that was tangled in it out of the way from the wind.

The weather finally calmed down, but the hideout was all but destroyed. We decided to head to Gray Terminal to get some building supplies to fix it up.

I didn't remember what happened at this point in the story, but I had a bad feeling in my gut. I left Chi to guard the hideout just in case. I also left my new katana and grabbed the old broken one. "We'll be back soon Chi. Wait for us here." I told her before heading out after the guys.

We arrived and started to gather supplies without any problem. The only creepy feeling was that it felt like we were being watched. I shook it off and went with Ace to gather materials with Luffy. Sabo went to a different section, but he was still close.

All of sudden we heard a commotion near the area where Sabo was, so we ran over quickly. He was surrounded by several Bluejam pirates. Even their captain was here. Ace, Luffy, and I all took out one guy and backed up Sabo.

We started to charge for the captain before he pulled out a gun and shot at Ace's feet. The boys then ran to the side to find cover from the bullets, but I kept running towards the captain.

"That's not gonna work on me!" I shouted, nearing the taller man.

"Ah, yes. I'd heard there was a girl with a devil fruit in the group."

I jumped towards him. My broken blade prepared to clash with his. It landed grinding the blade against him until he pushed back. He went to punch me. I turned into smoke to dodge it, but it still landed, causing pain to explode within me.

"H-how was she hit?!" Luffy cried out.

"What did you do?!" Ace roared.

I was wondering the same even if my head was spinning from the hit. I hadn't been hit in years, so I didn't have any built up immunity to the punch. Even if he was a pirate, he was supposed to be a nobody. Someone who didn't even know about haki, so how?

"Ah, that? I simply came prepared is all. Sea stone makes for a good repellent for devil fruit users!" He laughed as I was still on the ground.

I tried to make myself stand up, but he just pressed me back down with his foot before cuffing me with seastone. I felt drained like I never have before like I was suddenly left in a desert for weeks. I slumped to the ground even further, not having the energy to stand up.

"Ahh! Get away from her!" Ace yelled jumping into action, followed by Sabo and Luffy.

"Leave Ama alone!" Luffy shouted.

The Copyist (One Piece & OC)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें