Chapter 2: Teaching Tsu'tey

Azula's POV:

I awoke the next morning and ate ready to train the adults. As I walked to the area where Tonowari was, I could see the three Blue Navi Adults from yesterday. I greeted my father.

"I see you father", to which he returned before he spoke.

"I am glad you are here. This is my daughter Azula. Azula this is Neytiri, Jake, and Tsu'tey"

So that is the name of the man

"She will be helping me train you guys. Neytiri and Jake will be with me and Tsu'tey will be with you Azula."

I immediately turned to look at him to see a playful look in his eye despite his calm face. I soon realized that despite my glaring, he knew I found a fascination in Tsu'tey. Despite my mothers' opinions, my father believed I should choose who to mate with, and it should happen with no judgment and this action further proved it. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes and spoke.

"Tsu'tey follow me" I motioned as I led him to the water.

I could see him staring at me as we walked and went into the water. I made calling noises to my ilu Aimee and another ilu. They both came out of the water and I commanded them to splash Tsu'tey. They did so and he stopped staring at me and scowled.

I stifled a laugh and looked at him only to see him looking at me with his normal stonic face but with a weird emotion in his eyes. Without realizing it I looked over his form. He was muscular and had a protective and powerful aura around him. I looked at his face again only to see him smirking at me. I glared and turned to the ilu's.

"This is an ilu. Ilu is both similar and different to your ikran. They are strong and beautiful but unlike your ikran they can bond with others besides their rider."

"What is his name?" Tsu'tey asks me

"His name is Rono, it means strong". (Don't know if that's true pls go with it)

"He is strong and loyal, much like you in that way". Tsu'tey then smirked at me.

"You think I'm strong". His smirk fell when I glared

"Anyone can see your strength along with loyalty, do not act smug".

"Now Mount him," I told him, pointing towards the ilu. He did so getting on perfectly.

"Good now, bond with them but be calm, if you're anxious they will feel it and be the same."

He connected his queue with the ilu's and it moved for a minute before it relaxed.

"Now gently command it to move forward and hold on tight". He closed his eyes and his ilu moved forward. I went underwater to watch him. He did well moving underwater along with breathing despite having no experience and soon came up beside me.

"Very good. You're very good for a beginner." I told him with slight praise

"Well in my old clan I was to be mated to Neytiri so I learned different customs of different clans if we were to ever visit them or they visit us."

"Why didn't you mate her?" I asked confused as most people wouldn't change their minds about mating someone once they choose them.

"Well it was an arranged mating and before we could Jake Sully came, they fell in love, and they mated".

I now felt bad for bringing it up.

"I'm sorry"

"Don't be, I never truly loved her, I was just doing it for our clan. I'm happy for her and the Sullys are now my family". I looked at him with slight awe, he had a strong heart.

I came out of my thoughts quickly and spoke "You have a strong heart."

He looked at me after I said that with the same emotion in his eyes. No longer wanting to be stared at, I spoke

"Well since you pretty much know our customs and how to ride and breathe in the water I no longer need to teach you." I told him as I went to the shore to check on my mother leaving a stunned Tsu'tey behind who was slightly blushing because of the words I spoke