"Neteyam? Aren't we going to talk?"

Neteyam opened one eye and looked at me. He reached out and gently touched my nape, pulling me closer to him. Then, in a calm voice, he replied.

"Rest now. We will talk tomorrow."

He said, planting a soft kiss on my hair. I responded with a quiet "Okay" and closed my eyes, trying to clear my mind of the day's events. When I opened my eyes a few minutes later, I had returned to my human body. Compared to my avatar body, I felt weaker and more tired in my human form. After staring in silence for a while, the events of today came rushing back to my mind. Tears slowly began to roll down from my eyes. I opened the link-bed's cover to take a breath. After disconnecting the wires from my head and upper body, I stayed in place without moving, lying there. I had fallen asleep while silently crying.

I woke up in the morning when someone nudged me. When I opened my eyes and looked at the person who had woken me up, I saw that it was Max. He was looking at me with a worried expression. I yawned and sat up in bed. Max sat down next to me and continued to look at me.

"Lidya, are you okay? You look terrible."

His words made me glance at the reflection of my face in the internal glass of the room on my right. My eyes were bright red from crying last night. Dark circles had formed under my eyes, and I looked paler than usual, appearing almost ghostly. My lips were chapped, and a bit of blood had oozed from the cracks. I was in shock as I stared at my reflection. Was this really me? I had turned into a vampire. With a worried expression, I looked back at Max.

"Wait here. I'll bring you something to eat and the new medication I've prepared for you."

He said and quickly left the room. While waiting for Max to return, I started to examine the room. My clothes smelled of sweat, and when I noticed a few strands of hair on them, I panicked. I gazed anxiously at the internal glass on my right once more. My hair had significantly thinned, making it impossible for me to go outside like this. I began to cry uncontrollably. What was I going to do? Everything seemed to be falling apart.

When Max returned and saw me crying, he rushed over and placed what he was carrying on the table before sitting beside me. He put his hand on my back, attempting to comfort me. He started to stroke the remaining strands of my hair gently. I took a deep, shaky breath, trying to stop my tears. Then, I asked him the question that had been on my mind.

"Max... Can I ask you for something?"

My voice was incredibly weak and feeble. Max replied with a kind tone full of curiosity,

"Of course, Lidya. You don't even need to ask."

I turned my head slowly to look at him and managed a smile. He smiled back at me, but the smile gradually faded as I expressed my request.

"Could you cut my hair? I can't bear to see them falling out anymore."

Max pressed his lips together and thought for a moment. Then, he nodded slowly.

"However you like it, princess. But first, eat your meal and take your medicine."

With that, he got up from where he was sitting and placed a sandwich and a fruit juice box on the table in front of me. I took them from Max and started eating. After finishing the meal, I took the pills that would, albeit minimally, slow down the progression of my illness. I didn't know how long these medications would be effective, but I took them for Max's sake. While I was eating, Max must have brought a trimmer with him, his own by the looks of it. He placed a chair in the center of the room and asked me to sit down. I gave him a puzzled look. Was he going to cut my hair here?