pxey

If you like the chapter, don't forget to comment and like it. Thank you 💙

08/21/23

-----

Summary:
Lidya and Tuk go to the forest to collect flowers, but something unexpected happens to them.

-----

I was disturbed by a clicking sound from somewhere, so I turned to my right in bed. But when the clicking sounds became louder and more intense, I sighed and opened my eyes. After looking around in astonishment for a few seconds, I turned my gaze in the direction of the noise. Lab employees were knocking on doors one by one, and it was my turn. As I got up from bed and walked towards the door, I tried to fix my hair. When I opened the door, I saw Dr. Emily Lee, one of the lab employees, standing in front of me. She squinted her eyes and started looking at me.

"It's 06:50 AM by world time, and you're not awake yet? Everyone wakes up at 6 AM, some even at 5. I bet that you've been slacking off a lot lately, miss."

I rolled my eyes at her words and looked at her. This woman always treats everyone like this. According to her, everyone should be punctual and do everything perfectly. As if she's doing everything perfectly herself. Maybe I should bring Neteyam to show her. He's exactly the type she would like. Or forget it, never mind, she doesn't need to see him, no need...

"Okay, Dr. Lee. I'm awake now. Why did you knock on my door?"

She hesitated for a moment. She had momentarily forgotten why she knocked on the door. Then she regained her serious expression.

"Dr. Patel wanted me to wake you up. It seems you have work this morning. He's waiting downstairs for you to have breakfast."

She said and turned her back to me, walking away. Do I have work? What work? Oh Eywa! I have a morning class today! I quickly returned to my room and took care of the tasks I always need to do in the morning. After putting on clean clothes, I went downstairs. Norm and Max were already sitting at their tables, eating sandwiches. When Norm saw me come down, he grinned.

"Good morning, sleepyhead. Wait, let me guess. You forgot you needed to wake up early today."

He said, still grinning. I smiled at him and patted his shoulder. When Norm started laughing, Max stood up from his chair and handed me a sandwich and a juice. I took them and sat down on an empty chair. Max continued with his work. Norm turned his chair towards me and sat down.

"How are you feeling today? Everything's okay, right?"

I looked at him when he asked about his eyes full of concern. Breaking eye contact, I replied.

"I'm fine, I just need a bit more rest these days and my hair has started to thin out a little."

I said as I looked at the opened sandwich packet in front of me. I had always been hesitant to discuss these matters. But recently, as the effects of my illness worsened, they had started to become even more concerned about me. I understand them, too. They've been looking after me since infancy. They see me as their own daughter. Of course, they will worry. Max, upon hearing my answer, quickly got up from his seat and went to the next room. Meanwhile, Norm had opened my juice box and handed it to me. When Max returned, he had put on white gloves, and with a syringe and a glass tube, he approached me.

"If you permit, I'd like to take a bit of your blood for examination. Perhaps I can prepare a medication to slow down its progression."

I nodded in agreement. He immediately tied my arm tightly with something and began drawing blood from my arm. I quickly turned my head. I wasn't affected by the sight of blood, but I have a childhood fear of syringes. No matter how much I've tried to overcome this fear, I haven't succeeded. After Max was done, he gave me a cotton ball and asked me to press on it for a few minutes. I put down my half-eaten sandwich and started pressing the cotton ball.