"I cannot help wondering why such a lovely woman as yourself is standing here all alone. Are you alone?" His deep, sedative voice flowed over her like cascading soothing waters. "I did not mean to startle you, miss," he noted, his dark gaze lowered upon her bare finger and then rested back on her face. "However, how could I resist introducing myself to such an alluring figure under the moonlight? A beacon of loveliness that called to me like an enchantress in the night."

Overwhelmed, Annie held out her free hand which was swollen up into a large, warm hand. "Annie Leeman," she said, taken aback. No one had ever gone out of their way, to introduce themselves before and in such a manner.

Dark compelling eyes held hers gleaming with approval as he raised and kissed her hand. Warm lips touched her aware supersensitive skin, sparking a tingling excitation up her arm and skated through her, catching her breath in a sudden tight chest.

"A great honour, Annie Leeman. An Australian, by your accent. I have heard about the beauty of Australian women, and now I see it is true." Heated colour rushed from her neck, flooded her cheeks, and eased her hand free, nervously flicked thick hair back over her shoulder that flowed over in soft waves.

"And you, sir, are a charmer," she noted, easing the wrap back around her and tighter in protection.

"Ah, you do not believe you could cause such interest. Am I not correct?" Keeping his gaze on her, he shifted to her side and leaned against the barrier rail with his elbow, as his eyes swept over her.

Automatically, Annie reached for him.

He straightened as she jerked back, realising what she was doing.

"Sorry it's a long way to fall," she said, stepping further back, not that she had that much room beside a brick wall. "I was just enjoying the views before I retired."

Inky black brows furrowed down between his eyes, making her wonder if his hair was just as dark. "Surely the night is young and should be enjoyed. Perhaps I can persuade you to join my guests and me in some light entertainment?" She swallowed hard at his alluring tones, shaking her head. "Am I to gather one does not indulge in gambling?"

"Sorry?" she stared at him blankly, not used to this kind of attention.

He's doing her head in. This can't possibly be real, Annie ready to pinch herself, making sure she wasn't dreaming. Not that she had dreams like this, swept off her feet by oversexed Arabs.

"We were only heading downstairs to the hotel-casino, so you see, it would be perfectly safe and I never indulge in casual sex," he noted, making her gasp and reddened.

Okay, not dreaming, not something she expected at all. Never entered her head, yet with him, she could be tempted, swallowing hard. Not happening.

"Are you always this upfront sir?" she asked, though couldn't help liking his forthright manner. A man who went after what he wanted, but why her? That made little sense. She was no stunner or had a figure of a model, a healthy size 12 that suited her just fine.

"Only when I find one so reluctant, and wanted to reassure you, my intentions were honourable. I know there should have been a formal introduction. How was that meant to happen, when we know no one in common?"

Annie couldn't help smiling. "How do you know that? I don't even know your name, while you know mine," she pointed out, lifting a finger towards him.

"Ah, have I captured your interest, Annie Leeman?" he dared.

"No," she laughed, eyes twinkling, although was lying through her teeth because he had, "do you pounce on unexpected women often?"

He smiled lazily, causing her heart to hitch, fingers curling around the clutch bag she was holding. The man was deadly. "Cannot say I do, only the ones who look so alone," he noted.