Warning & playlist

Content warning:

Right now, this is still a work in progress.

I've intended for this to be a forced proximity slowburn.
If you don't like stories that take a couple of chapters to get to the 18+ content, this won't be this best fit for you.

Once it's complete, don't expect this to be a love story.

I've never written this with the goal of it being a healthy romance novel.
This story will contain swearing, dubiosly-consensual (sexual) experiences and graphic descriptions of sex and violence.

When you read this and it hasn't yet occurred, know it will come up.
Reading is your own choice.

If you continue: here's a playlist!

The Fruits - Paris Paloma
This is the song that inspired me to write Sacred Silence. Cause Tom is the actual devil, and Siobhan would gladly worship him instead.

Me and the devil - Soap & skin
After seeing countless edits with this song, I just can't help but picture Shiv and Tom. It's all about turning a blind eye.

Labour - Paris Paloma
This is a song about women unable to escape the roles men put them in. If that isn't a Siobhan Selwyn song, you tell me.

Vampire - Olivia Rodrigo
This song always reminds me of the way that Tom uses Siobhan for his own benefit. She's very aware of it, but can't force herself to stop letting him.

Skyfall - Adele
This is more of a song for when this story is finished. In the end (I know the story right now isn't at that point yet, but it will be) Shiv and Tom are completely committed to each other, in their own fucked up ways.

Blood // water - Grandson
Just imagine this song in a scene where Tom slaughters an entire room of people. That's all.

Family line - Conan Gray
This song was a huge inspiration to me. Most of Shivs family situation and relationship with her parents are based on this song.

The family jewels - Marina and the diamonds
I imagine Shiv singing this in the shower when she's angry at her mom and dad. 'Did I beat you at your own game? Typical of me to put us all to shame'.

Between the bars - Elliot Smith
THIS. THIS IS THE ULTIMATE SHIV AND TOM SONG. He wants her to himself, away from anyone else. She just wants to forget about all her pain.

Don't blame me - Taylor Swift
What can I say? Love did in fact make Siobhan crazy.

Love,