2022 Halloween special

*This special goes into the past. Enjoy!*

2022 Halloween special

Unknown pov

I can't believe Mom let me go to the haunted house! Normally she would've said no. I guess I really am lucky.

It stings to see that all my friends can go to the haunted house like grown-ups but I can't but I'm glad I will this time around.

I told all my friends that I was gonna come so I don't know what I would have done if my mom would have said no.

At first, my mom told me I should bring Tamara but I begged her not to. So I'm glad she listened to me for once.

She gave me this whole lecture about how I should behave and that I should be careful. I don't know why she bothers. She should know how much I am a good kid. I never cause trouble.

I can understand why my mom is worried about the fact I will go without her for the first time but she should know that everything will be fine. I'm not a baby anymore. I'm in middle school...Not a single person in my school needs their parents to go somewhere, ok maybe a few but that's because they are scared that's all.

I heard that haunted houses are not even scary. As if they are right. I bet it's gonna fun.

This year I decided to dress up as Batman. Last year some had the guts to tell me that my costume was lame so I opted for a cooler one.

If someone dares to tell me that my costume is lame again they'll regret it once they see my scary face. Well...I think it is scary when it needs to be...Through, my friends would never say the truth...but I know that I'm not scary at all. It makes me sad to think that but nobody wants to tell me the truth.

Only one person does and he gets on my nerves. Anyway, he's a loser so it doesn't really matter.

I just really wish that my friends would stop lying in my face. They think I'm innocent but I'm not...I know they only hang out with me because they want to be popular at least that's what I think. It's not like I can do anything, can I? Yeah...I don't have the courage to speak up, I can't possibly lose my friends.

Ugh, how pathetic of me, I'm crying great...It's gonna ruin my costume...oh wait! I'm wearing a mask...no one will see that I cried. Well, at least that's a good thing.

"Hey, Theo! What are you doing just standing there?"

"Oh uh, sorry Mom I was just thinking."

"About what?"

"Ah, it's nothing."

"Hm if you say so. Anyways, did you get your bag of candy?"

"Huh? Bag of candy?"

"I didn't tell you?"

"Didn't tell you what?"

"You're gonna trick a treat with your best friend. His mom agreed so you will trick or treat with them."

"No way! Are you for real?!" I say hopeful and in disbelief.

"Yes, I am."

"Omg, Mom you really are the best!" I run to her and then hug her tightly.

"Oh, don't be like that Theo. You've been begging me for years to go and I figured since you are in middle school now, you were old enough to spend trick or treat without me."

"You really are the best mom!" I say ecstatically.

"Ok, ok stop hugging me. You don't want to miss this opportunity right?"