chapter 2

after waking up at her desk, amelia began to get ready as she would any other day. until she looked in the bathroom mirror and saw that she was bright orange.

amelia screamed, waking up her cat, gene, who came into the bathroom and meowed at her aggressively, not recognising her new orange skin.

amelia began to cry. she couldn't go to school looking like this. she would be laughed at and bullied by her peers.

this was when her mother burst into the bathroom and gasped.

"oh no!" her mom screamed.

"i don't know what happened! i woke up and i was orange!!" amelia panicked, grabbed the soap and tried to scrub her skin, but she stayed the same shade of fluorescent orange.

"don't worry, just get ready and come downstairs."

"i cant go to school looking like this!!" amelia shouted.

"you aren't. just don't panic. i'll tell you what's happening in the car."

amelia's mum left the room and went downstairs. amelia continued to get ready and put on a new outfit.

 amelia continued to get ready and put on a new outfit

this was amelia's outfit x

she went downstairs and followed her mum out to the car.

once they got inside, danielle turned to amelia and began to explain.

"our family is a part of the orange clan, we help save the world with our special powers."

"POWERS???"

"yes, powers. we all have powers that help save the world. but we can't keep them entirely secret as the first sign of the development is our skin turning orange."

"how is your skin not orange then?"

"as you grow older, and become more skilful and comfortable with your powers, you loose the orange colour when you aren't using the powers at that time. if i was using them right now i would be orange, but i'm not using them so i'm not orange."

"okay..." amelia was so confused as none of this had ever been explained to her before.

"i'm going to take you to the orange clan headquarters, where your training will take place and i can introduce you to the team." danielle put the keys in the car and began to drive off.