Arc 7: I Am Not A Merman (I)

Start from the beginning

【There is none. This time the world is a simple one. The System believes that the Host can complete it easily.】

Hehe. Truly, become human food. Such a simple and cruel mission. It really is 'easy'.

The problem was that the mission must reach the standard of "heroic"! Even by performing 108 extremely difficult dolphin tricks and taking the initiative to run in front of a human fishing boat and have them eat him, it was impossible to become a hero!!! Forget hero, it would be enough if he wasn't treated as a retarded dolphin.

Could it be that his bodily fluids have a special healing effect, and were capable of saving a group of incurably diseased patients and the mental illness that jeopardizes the world's population?

Just how much does he have to hate himself to 'sacrifice himself' at this level? Shang Ke felt the malice that comes from deep within the System.

Since he couldn't get any more information from the System, Shang Ke could only depend on himself.

He tried moving his new body, following the wave and heading to the surface, rushing and breaking through waves, splashing as an aftereffect. His line of sight broadened in an instant; the wide sky, the dark blue sea, and that huge island. He could vaguely make out large and tall buildings built in the center of the island. It looked like this was a modernized world.

Shang Ke fell back into the water and he kept his body straight as he began to formulate plans. He decided to run a few rounds around the island that humans resided in to start off with.

Right at that moment, a small dolphin shakingly swam to him from not too far off, a bit unbalanced in the water, then rubbed against his stomach. It let out weak cries, presumably scared and confused.

The little one appeared to be recently born and Shang Ke could tell that it was very hungry.

He looked around and felt that something was off. Dolphins are a pod oriented mammal and they cherished their children very much. Even if it's mother wasn't present, the other dolphins would carefully take care of and protect the small dolphin. Why couldn't he see the figures of any other dolphins around?

Shang Ke attempted to call out with sound waves but received no response.

The small dolphin leaned against Shang Ke, its movement speed growing slower and slower. Even its cries had stopped.

This was the first time Shang Ke had a dolphin so he has no experience. He also didn't have much of an understanding of this mammal in the first place, so he was really at a bit of a loss about what to do. If the small dolphin continues to not eat, it would die from starvation without a doubt. There's nothing else to be done about it, he could only lead the small dolphin near to the shore and try to think of something to do.

After he got closer, Shang Ke noticed that straight ahead was a building situated on the coastline. It was mostly white and gave off an eco-friendly aura. Through the glass windows near the ground, he could faintly make out a lawn and pool inside.

But what really made Shang Ke happy was that at the top of the building were a set of words—"Star Record Marine Life Rescue Base". Truly, the things you need come when you think of them.

Shang Ke poked his head out of the sea and whistled loudly at the building.

Not long after, a couple of people in uniforms walked out from within. When they saw Shang Ke, they all revealed an amazed expression.

"I'm not seeing things right? It's actually a dolphin?!" A blond man said in disbelief.

"Although dolphins disappeared over two hundred years ago, there was never any direct evidence that they were extinct." Another man with glasses stared at Shang Ke, his eyes shining brightly.