Chapter 16

(3rd Person POV)

The Imperial Palace of Obelia has been very busy because today is the day where their beloved crown prince marry. Most of the nobles of Obelia has gather and arrive at the Grand Chapel of Obelia where the wedding ceremony will be held.

 Most of the nobles of Obelia has gather and arrive at the Grand Chapel of Obelia where the wedding ceremony will be held

(Asher's wedding outfit) 

On the Crown Prince's room, the Prince's sworn knight, Rufus with two of the servants are helping the groom getting ready. He was wearing a white-gold trimmed suit with gold buttons over the white-gold pattern dress-shirt and black vest. He also wear pair of white gloves, yellow gold cravat with decorative cravat-holder and his Imperial wedding outfit is completed with light gold-patterned white cloak adorned on the left side the jeweled bluish-white diamond brooch and white dress pants and white dress shoes.

"You look dashingly handsome, Your Highness," compliment Rufus who acted as his best man.

"Thank you Rufus. You look dashing as well," he said with smile.

"Your Highness will always be the most handsome man in Obelia after His Majesty," says his old butler, Sir Elroy.

"You're too kind, Sir... I wonder how will my mother look on my wedding... But..." he give a weak smile.

Just then the door opened and enter Claude with his Emperor royal robe, "It seems you are ready, Asher..." he said to his son.

Sir Elroy, the other young servant and Rufus bow, "blessing and glory to the sun of Obelia Empire."

"Dad... I am so happy you're here. Thank you for helping me in organizing the royal wedding," Asher said.

"You're my son and the Crown Prince of Obelia... Despite I still think no need for you to get married but you have your mother's determination and as long as you're happy my son, I will support your decision," Claude say.

"Thank you Dad," he reply with a smile.

Claude pat his son's shoulder and give a gentle smile, "You looks like your mother... I am sure Ultear is proud of how you've grown."

"Are you this nervous when you married Mom?" Asher asked.

"Hmm... Not really. But I believe your Mom did but in the end when she saw me at the end of the hall waiting for her, seeing her light smile to me, everything feels so right and I was very happy. Your Mom's beauty that day is ethereal... I believe your soon-to-be-wife will feel like that. There's nothing you need to worry over, Asher. Just be yourself..." He said.

The Father and Son duo are having their moment before the wedding and the both of them feel elated and all of their burden has gone. Claude needs to console his son that he dearly loved and seeing him grow that big makes him proud and he is certain his beloved Ultear feels the same way. He has to let him grow up and be himself but he is also certain that he will never leave his son by himself. He will always be there for him and even for his daughter-in-law as long as Asher happy. There is no other thing that a father like to see more than the happiness of his beloved son and to see him thrive and become stronger person than he already is.

Asher feels relieve and gratitude to have his father by his side every step on the way. There is no other man in his life that he cherish more than his father. He has been with his father since he was a week old, a mere newborn. His father is the one who raised him as he is now and he is eternally grateful. Despite he will be marrying the love of his life, he will still stay with his father and sister.

His father is always been his everything...

He still remembers when he was little boy, his father despite how tiredhe is, he still spend time with him. When he causing trouble with the maid andservants because he misses his father a lot who has been coped up in his officefor days, Claude come and take care of him, he even willing to help three yearold Asher to bath because the said boy himself doesn't want the servants takingcare of him, all he want is his father. 

(A/N: Italic means flashback memory)

"I don't want you! I want Daddy!" Three year old Asher scream at the maids.

"Your Highness, His Majesty is busy, he will visit you when you're asleep," say his wet-nurse.

"I want Dad! Leave me alone!"

Then... Claude standing there on the doorway of the royal bathroom.

"What is the ruckus about?"

Three year old Asher run to Claude and hug his legs, "I don't want to take a bath by them! I want to stay with Daddy!"

Claude just look at him before he order the maids and servants to leave. They protesting because they know how busy is the Emperor, but with a cold glare on his eyes, they immediately leave. Asher grin and ask to be picked up, which Claude did.

"What should I do with you?"

Claude then started to bathe Asher, while the three year old boy laughing and even splash water towards him. When he was finish, Claude is all wet and he has no choice other than take bath after.

Another memory flash on their mind...

When a 5 year old Asher hurt his hand while learning to wield a sword. He has been watching his father practicing and was in awed.

"Watch me Dad! I could be just like you!" The little boy said with confident and sparkling jeweled blue eyes.

"Hmm is that so? You're still too small for a sword..." Claude said looking at his 5 year old son.

"Trust me! I will beat you in sword fighting!"

Claude watch over his 5 year old son eagerly practicing the sword under Felix and Rufus' training. But then as he pick the real sword when nobody is looking, he twist his wrist. The young boy yelped and still refuse to cry. Claude immediately check his wrist and look into his face, scanning his expression. Felix and Rufus immediately run to get the magician healer.

"Is it hurt?" He ask his son whose eyes started to water but he still refuse to cry and shook his head no. When Claude hold his wrist, Asher yelp but then he bite his lips to stop from scream or cry. He is a prince and he won't cry. He does not want to cry.

Claude sigh and gently hold Asher's wrist and heal it with his magic. It glows light blue... The young prince close his eyes expecting it to hurt but he does not feel anything. He open his eyes to see Claude's eyes look at him with concern in the middle of his cold stoic jeweled blue eyes.

"It... no longer hurt..." whisper Asher.

His father smile weakly and then wipe the small tears on the corner of his eyes, "I am proud... You're strong, Asher."

Then the time when Claude see his little crown prince has become strong and independent just like him. Until the time when he announce that he will take the peace back.

Claude could only think out loud as he look at his now 17 year old son who is about to get married...

"You have grown well, son..."

***