Chapter 5

(Asher's POV)

As I enter Dad's room, I was surprised to see Dad sitting on the couch looking slightly uninterested and across of him is Athanasia who looks beyond nervous and try her best to avoid looking at Dad.

I sweat drop.

"You're calling for me, Dad?" I called as I approach Dad's side.

"Asher..." Dad acknowledged me.

"I see you have met Athanasia," I say as I sit down beside Dad and then smile at Athy in reassurance.

Athy stay silence and I look at Dad lean back on the couch and closing his eyes while slightly resting his head with his hand.

"Athanasia... What a name. Do you know the meaning of that name?" Dad asked.

I decided to watch over Dad and Athy. If it turns slightly bad, I will try my best to settle it down. Do not worry, dear sister, Dad will not hurt you.

"To dare give her own child such name. And a girl at that. She would have had her limbs ripped off if she had survived the labor."

"Dad... Don't be so harsh like that. I think Athanasia is a lovely name and isn't she cute Dad?" I say with smile and tilting my head while give reassurance towards her from my eyes.

"Hmm... Only you will say such statement, Asher." Dad says and I chuckle slightly.

Athy was looking at us and I decided to pour myself a cup of tea and drink, "Why are you just sitting there? Go ahead and eat like Asher... I ordered them to bring out something kids would like. If you don't eat, I will have no choice but to punish the cook."

I sigh... Dad should have been more gently. Athy is still a child, "Athy, you could take some. I'm certain you will like it," I encouraged her.

"Thank you for the food!" Athy then take some cake and eat it, "Yummy."

"It's delicious right Athy? You should try some more," I say trying my best to encouraged Athy to eat more and relieve some of her nervousness.

"Y-yes I will try some," she said.

I smile while continue enjoying the sweet and tea while still watching over Dad and Athy.

"Who taught you your manners?" Dad asked.

"... Lily taught me," Athy answer.

"I see, you are talking about Lilian York... 5 years ago, she stepped in front of me requesting that she be allowed to take care of you. That lady must still be with you. She also took charge of the Ruby Palace..." Dad starts, "How dare she. The only four people who survived after getting in my way were my late wife, Asher, your mother and that wench."

Right... Dad still loves mother despite he once falls for someone else 4 years after her death. The only woman that does not give him any bad memories or even any form of betrayal, Empress Ultear Milkovich de Alger Obelia. Dad loves mother a lot and still think of mom as his wife even after being separated by death.

"As you sit there, are you aware of who I am? Because it seems you are aware of who is Asher..." Dad says.

I inwardly flinch. I could feel that Dad will talk to me about how do I know Athanasia.

"F-Father?"

"Hmm?" Dad put his finger under his chin in thinking.

"...Papa?"

I blink and tilted my head to the side as I glance to check on Dad's reaction.

"Papa!" Athy called.

Just to say that the meeting between Dad and Athy runs well.

***

2 years later...

I have just finished my sword lesson with Sir Lionel. After years being trained, I finally able to tolerate him. I walk around the garden with Rufus when I see Athy playing around with a black dog... I stop and tilted my head to the side.

"Athy! What are you doing by yourself?" I called her.

She turns around and her eyes sparkles before she picks the creature up and run to me, "Big Brother! Look! Athy has a divine beast! His name is Raven," she says.

I look at the divine beast who was looking at me with his cute eyes and I couldn't help but blush. Especially seeing Athy looking at me like that, too much cuteness for me. I kneel down in front of Athy, to get a closer look and the little divine beast lick my face.

"Uhm... Hehehe, it seems Raven likes you too, big brother..." says Athy sweat drop because I know my face is blank and in shock.

I heard Rufus hold his laugh and I glare at him which immediately shut him up. I sigh and stand up, "I'm glad you made a new friend... Be careful okay."

"Yes, big brother! Athy will be careful."

With that I saw Athy run again with Raven and I look at them in silence. I have this bad feeling... But I just don't know what is it.

The last few days after I finish my sword practice, Athy will come find me while bringing her friend, Raven. Raven is a little troublemaker and like Athy, loves chocolate. It's kind of weird why Raven likes to be around me so much because, he supposed to belong only for Athy. I decided to visit Dad since it's been a while since we spend some time together. Hopefully Dad is not grumpy.

I walk to Dad's quarter and then knock the door before I could hear a faint "come in" from inside. I walked in to see Dad sitting on his desk doing some paperwork.

"Hey Dad! Am I bothering you?" I asked.

"Hmm... None at all, I just finished..." Dad said while I inwardly sweat drop because Dad hurriedly put the paperwork aside and beckon me to come closer.

I approach Dad and then he suddenly picks me up and make me sit on his lap. I slightly pout, "Dad... I am no longer 5 years old or even 7 years old. I'm 11 years old."

"Hmm... So? You still my son," he says nonchalantly.

"But aren't I already too big to sit on your lap like this?" I ask him still flabbergast by Dad's statement.

"No... You're light. Your sister still heavier than you," he says and I sweat drop.

"Dad... You are way bigger than me and that muscles there, why you still said Athanasia is heavier?" I ask curious.

"Hmm... She has chubby cheeks."

I sweat drop, really that is his reason? Well, my father really is something else.

"How were your lessons?" Dad asked as he look at me.

"It was good. Sir Lionel has become tolerable than before and he is no longer babbling about his daughter," I said.

"Daughter you say?" I slightly flinch hearing the cold tone of Dad.

"D-Dad?"

I look at Dad's face and his jeweled blue eyes ablaze. Dad is furious. I shouldn't have told it to him then.

"You do not need to learn from Sir Lionel. I will find more suitable tutor for you that know their place."

Right... My Dad over here, Emperor Claude de Alger Obelia and his overprotective side towards me. I should stop it.

"Dad, I think you're just being too overprotective. I do not have any interest whatsoever with any girl or some lord's daughters," I start.

"..."

"Dad... I already told you that I have no interest in girls or would I even want to find myself in engagement or any sort. Athy is enough of girl on my life. I will always prioritize you, Dad. Do not worry."

"Hmm... It seems that Asher, you will have no lessons for sometimes."

"Wh-what?!"

I look shocked at him. Did he really dismiss Sir Lionel in instance just because of that?