Arc 4: Let Me Protect You (II)

Начните с самого начала

Rima noticed that the two of them had a lot of individuality. One was often silent, but was clever and polite. Once he smiled, it was like feeling a warm wind in spring. The other was cold and serious, and there was always some vigilance in his eyes. However, he was very diligent, and his ability to learn was very strong.

Perhaps it was because of their past experiences, but the two of them held mature airs that children their age did not have.

With Rima's care, Shang Ke and Feng Juan's life at the orphanage was simple, yet rich. Unfortunately, this sort of simplicity was destroyed a month later.

Shang Ke and Feng Juan were helping by cleaning up the lawn's trash when he suddenly felt two intense gazes aimed at them. His brow jumped a little before he calmly looked around him, without leaking his intentions. He discovered the figure of someone dashing past the outside of the courtyard.

Shang Ke frowned a little, a trace of doubt arising in his heart. Perhaps those people still hadn't relaxed their guard against them? They were just two children. Did they need to be so guarded?

The following two days, Shang Ke repeatedly saw a suspicious figure, and he could finally confirm his guess.

According to the original developments, the original Bruno was adopted by a family not even a year later, so he did not know whether Feng Juan had been attacked afterwards. The System also did not give such information. But from the looks of it, he had experienced a series of unexpected accidents in his childhood.

If his guess was correct, then they could not continue to stay at the orphanage. This was not just for Feng Juan, but it was also for the other people in the orphanage.

Shang Ke borrowed the dean's phone and made a call to Detetive Rowan.

"Shang, I didn't think that you would call me." Rowan's tone was very light and spirited as he asked, "Did you miss me?"

Shang Ke only replied with one line, "Detective Rowan, I think we are being monitored by someone."

That very afternoon, Rowan sent out a couple people in civilian clothing to guard the outside of the orphanage, and they really found a suspicious person. However, when they wanted to follow him, that person managed to escape and did not reappear for several days.

But this did not mean that Shang Ke and Feng Juan were safe. After informing the higher ups, Rowan took the two children away from the orphanage and had them live at his own house.

Rowan did not understand why that organization watched the two children so much and refused to let them go. Even if they knew something, they likely wouldn't be able to offer much useful information. They were young and wouldn't remember much, not to mention the language barrier.

Just what were those people worried about?

"Shang, since you can understand English, could you tell us everything you know?" Rowan seriously looked at Shang Ke.

"I don't know what to tell you guys." Shang Ke and Feng Juan sat together on one chair, surrounded by five to six adults.

When Rowan and the others heard his fluent english, their eyes twitched.

"Can you talk about where you came from?"

"I am a street urchin." One line prevented them from digging any deeper into his history.

"Who did you learn your english from?" Rowan asked again.

"A wandering performing artist from the UK," Shang Ke replied without even a change in his expression. "I lived with him for a period of time."