Arc 3: You Are My Faith (VII)

Start from the beginning

On this day, the classroom had a full house, with many students even crowding outside the door.

Shang Ke's mental stats were superb, so he was completely clueless on what it meant to have stage fright. Plus, he knew the contents of the textbooks by heart. Within the classroom, pretty much no one could stump him. He could even tell them the page and line numbers of an answer in the textbook.

The first class was very successful.

After class, someone suddenly asked him, "Teacher, now that you're a teacher, are you still going to sell lunchboxes in the future? I haven't been able to eat it these past few days, and I just can't get them out of my mind!"

Their words immediately gained everyone's attention.

Shang Ke replied, "Whoever can get full marks in my class, I will treat you to eat a great luxury meal."

"Oh yeah!" the students all cheered.

"A great luxury meal." After school, Tylor suddenly dropped by and calmly asked, "I don't know if perhaps I would have the chance for it as well?"

"No." Shang Ke quickly left.

Tylor blindly followed him until they arrived at Kaiser's home.

Kaiser had martial arts training at night, and would only return at midnight. Shang Ke went to the neighbor's house to bring back the crying Pupu. The pitiful little girl thought she had been abandoned by her father, and held back her tears while waiting. When she saw that Shang Ke had came, she immediately hugged him and started to cry.

"Daddy, daddy..." She called out continuously, complaining to him.

"Good girl, didn't I already tell you that I would come back home at night." Shang Ke rubbed Pupu's head.

Pupu looked at him unhappily, wiping her tears and mucus on Shang Ke's clothes.

Tylor stared at them for a while before finally asking, "You adopted her?"

Osari had only left for five years, so it was impossible for him to have a six to seven year old child.

"Hm." Shang Ke didn't pay much attention to him and just nodded, then put Pupu down in order to prepare their dinner.

Pupu tightly held onto his clothes as she followed behind him.

Tylor leaned against the door as he quietly watched Shang Ke bustle around the kitchen. His face was as expressionless as a statue.

Pupu would turned her head to look at him every few seconds. As long as their eyes met, she would immediately hide behind Shang Ke, only revealing her watery large eyes as she sneaked peeks at him.

Tylor did not have a favorable impression of children, but he felt that Osari and this child gave off a comfortable feeling when they were together.

That night, Tylor ate deliciously at Shang Ke's home, leaving behind ten coins and in a relaxed mood.

When Kaiser finished his training, he returned completely exhausted, only to find that there weren't any leftovers...

Shang Ke's carefree life started to develop a pattern. He would go to class during the day, take care of Pupu during the night, feed their dog (Kaiser), and occasionally feed a wild animal (Tylor).

Time passed in this manner until three months later, when the devil qi storm that Shang Ke had been waiting for finally broke out. The Devil's Tree's energy was usually very stable, but during special periods of time, it would break out in one or two devil qi storms, like a volcano erupting.