Treasure Island

We were sailing to the next island. I was sitting on the railing, hanging out. I glanced over and saw usopp standing with one foot up on the railing by the Ram head. He was monologing like a main character.

"You pathetic little maggots."

He turned 180 degrees and pulled a wooden sword out on nowhere.

"You would knowingly attack the invincible fleet of pirates commanded by captain usopp of the going merry?"

He ran forward and jumped. He landed and started shouting again.

"Yah!"

He swung the sword with each sentence.

"Attack them! Show no mercy! Huh?"

He noticed none of us were paying him any attention. Zoro was lying on the deck, Nami was sitting on a barrel looking at maps, and luffy was pouring over the sail.

Zoro let out a loud yawn. Usopp sighed.

"Geez, I really expected you guys to be a little bit more lively than this-"

Luffy stood up, holding the sail.

"I FINISHED!"

He cheered, scaring usopp. Usopp fell over, and I started laughing. Both at usopp and luffy's art skills.

"Look! Our pirate mark! Now that usopp and Y/n joined, we've got five people! That's almost a whole crew! I think it's about time we got our own mark!"

Zoro was making a face that could only be described as weirded out and scared combined. I was still laughing my ass off.

"Uh... luffy? Is that really gonna be our mark?"

"Hehe. Whaddya think? Pretty nice, huh?"

I fell over onto the deck. I couldn't contain my laughter. Zoro kicked my back lightly. I got up, finally calming down.

"Our mark should be scary. It should strike fear into our enemies hearts."

"Yeah, not make them start laughing."

Zoro hit the back of my head with his palm. Nami had a hand on her chin, and usopp looked dumbfounded.

"If our enemies were terrified infants, then this would be perfect."

Usopp clicked his tongue while wagging his finger. This made me want to punch him.

"You guys really should've told me about this! Maybe you didn't know this about me, but I am an artist."

"Does that mean you can draw?"

"When it comes to painting, I'm in a league of my own! I've been drawing graffiti for fifty years straight!"

"Oh, so he's a pathological liar."

"Woah, fifty years?"

"That would mean he's an old man by now."

"Which would give him five or six grandchildren, and I don't see any."

"That is so cool!"

Usopp stopped our chatter.

"Hey!"

About ten minutes later, usopp presented the new finished flag.

"Behold! A priceless work of pirate art! Tada!"

He held up a flag with a skull and crossbones that resembled him. Luffy spoke in a disapproving tone.

"Looks a lot like you on that flag. Jerk!"

Zoro and luffy punched usopp's head at the same time.

Another ten minutes later, he presented the new flag. This time, it actually looked how luffy wanted it, with his strawhat on it.

Usopp was proudly holding a paintbrush.

"So! How do you like this one?"

"Wow! That's actually pretty good usopp!" Nami had a smile on her face.

"Yeah, keep it! That's the one!"

Zoro chimed in.

"So, are we finally settled on it? This is gonna be our mark?"

I was watching from the railing, eating an apple.

"Yep! Hey, Y/n! Come check out what usopp did!"

I smiled and threw the apple core over my shoulder into the ocean. I walked over and got a closer look at the flag.

Zoro and luffy put the flag back up.

"It's all done! Now, the going merry has everything she could possibly need!"

He laughed proudly. Usopp let out a tired sigh.

"I'm pooped!"

I giggled a bit. Zoro had a soft smile. He suddenly looked over at what luffy was looking at, causing me to look too. There were dark clouds in the distance.

"Are we going the right way? Seems kinda dangerous."

"What's that?"

"Hold on." Nami glanced at her map to answer the two. An island came into view. Nami looked at it through her binoculars.

"That's the place!"

"What?"

"Yep, there's no doubt about it."

"What do you see out there? Is it something cool?"

The four of us looked at her, waiting for her to speak.

"The legendary treasure island."

"You mean THE Treasure Island? Even I've heard of that place!"

Usopp saying that made me feel a bit stupid.

"Yeah, I'm not surprised. This place is famous the world over. And so are the crazy stories about it."

"What crazy stories?"

Well, I can always count on luffy not knowing something.

"Legend has it that whoever is dumb enough to sail close to the island Encours a God's wrath!"

"So sounds like a bad idea, right?"

Usopp proved my point. Lightning struck right above us, and he screamed. Although that was only because of a typhoon.

"NOW we know that all those stories were true, guys! This is a God's wrath!"

Then luffy ruined it.

"I think that sounds pretty cool!"

"Hey! Wait! We're not gonna-"

"Mhm! You bet we are!"

"You guys are officially crazy. I already knew that, though."

More lighting struck somewhere off to the side. Luffy ran and sat on the ram's head. He pointed at the island.

"Let's go! To treasure island!"

Usopp was helping me and zoro with the sails.

"This is gonna be bad!"

Zoro was wordless, as usual. Nami was laughing. And I was just going with it. Because I didn't really have anything else to do.

Plus, I wasn't about to miss out on seeing my first island outside of my own. I was pumped up for this!

Thunder rumbled, rain fell hard, and in the center of it all, was treasure island.

We came up to the rocky cliffs, anchored the ship, and started hopping off. First luffy, then Nami, then zoro, then usopp. Zoro caught me by the arm once I hopped off, so I didn't fall.

We all looked up at the tall island.

"I'm gonna take a guess. The treasure is somewhere up there."

Everyone groaned. So we got to climbing.