Meeting The Strawhats Pt. 1

I was walking down the shoreline of Cythaba, on my way to the next town over. Suddenly, I was drenched in water by a big pirate ship with a ram's head. I stood still for a moment, trying to process what had just happened.

I pulled my wet h/c hair out of my face and looked at the ship again. I looked at the flag and realized it was a pirate ship. This was uncommon since our island was small and in the middle of nowhere.

I panicked and hid at the side of the ship. I saw a group of pirates jump off of the ship. Four, to be exact. I could only see their backs.

One had brown hair and skin with overalls, another had orange hair and a white shirt, the third had black hair and a straw hat with a red shirt, and the fourth, who I assumed was the captain based off of his build, had mossy green hair, a green bandana around his arm, and three swords on his hip.

The conversation was fairly simple. They didn't seem to be too threatening.

"Wow, this is a small island."

"I don't think they have anywhere to get any food."

The orange hair girl yelled at the strawhat guy. He looked to be the youngest of the group.

"You idiot! Is that all you think about?!"

"It shouldn't be a problem for captain Usopp!"

So he's the captain.

"You aren't the captain, Usopp! I am!"

The strawhat guy is the captain? Huh...

"Hey, I've heard of this island before. Cythaba, a small island with a few towns and cities. We should be able to find one nearby."

If I had to guess, I would say she's the ship's navigator.

"Whatever, let's just go."

He's a bit rude. He's probably important, though. And where's the rest of their crew?

The four of them left, walking in the wrong direction if they want to find a non-abandoned town. Because the only town that way was mainly for dares and stupid teens due to a slight problem there.

Once they were out of sight, I quietly left and started running in the direction I had previously been walking in, the sand crunching under my feet.

I need to tell someone there are pirates here...

I suddenly stopped moving entirely. They hadn't done anything yet, and they didn't seem too dangerous, not including the green haired guy.

But if I waited around for them to do something, then they might burn down our whole village. Who knows.

Then again, they were only going to come across a ghost town if they kept going in that direction. Maybe I should go and check their ship?

Yeah, right. I'm not stupid enough to do that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I approached their ship, and thought this was crazy. I looked up at it. There was no way in hell that I was going to search a pirate ship.

...

I started to climb up the side of their ship quietly.

I wasn't going to take anything, I was just going to see why they were here. As if I were dumb enough to ask them in person.

I reached the deck and pulled myself onto the ship.

"I hope they were the only crew members..."

I slowly and cautiously looked around the ship. I poked my head into one door after the other.

The kitchen, the bathing room, the sleeping quarters, all of it looked well kept. The kitchen didn't seem like it was used often.

I looked at the Ram head. The top was covered in scuffs. I assumed it was a regularly used seat.

"They have absolutely nothing here... I guess they're just here to restock."

I sat on the railing and jumped down as I has seen the others do before.

"I guess they aren't dangerous after all."

I kept walking the direction I had been heading.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I had just finished shopping, and was about to go home, until I saw a familiar group of four from afar.

"Wait, how did they find this town..?"

-Earlier-

The strawhats finally arrived in a town. There were holes everywhere in the ground, and there wasn't a single person in sight. Well, there was one. But they weren't exactly... living.

The group walked up to the corpse. Zoro crouched down to inspect it, and Nami started searching it for cash. He gave her a disapproving look.

"What?"

"Are you really looting a dead corpse?"

"Well, you're inspecting it."

"To find out why this place is so empty."

"Uh, guys?"

"Not now, Luffy. I just don't get why you can look at a body and I can't search it! If I find a wallet, we can see who it is and I can get money."

"Guys?"

"Be quiet long nose. Because it's disrespectful!"

"Guys!"

"What?!"

"Big worm."

"Huh?"

"BIG. WORM."

The two turned and saw a giant monster of a worm.

"So that's why this place is destroyed. Well, I guess we just have to kill it."

"LUFFY!"

Nami hit him on the head.

"We can't fight that thing! It'll eat us alive!"

"Mmm... I'm hungry. Let's find a store."

"This place is abandoned, you idiot!"

"Then let's kill and eat the worm!"

"Are you even listening?! We can find another town! This isn't our problem!"

"But what if it kills the people that live here!"

"It probably already did."

"Let's just try once we restock."

"You know he isn't gonna give up until you say yes."

"Fine."

"Cool! Now let's go find another town!"

And off they went to do just that. Soon, they came across the very town that
Y/n had been doing her shopping in.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-Present-
I tried not to stare at the group of pirates as they passed. It was very inconspicuous. Except they were staring at me. Oh crap, do they know I was on their ship?

"...Maybe we should ask that girl!"

The strawhat boy said.

Wait, ask me what?

Well, I guess I'm about to find out, because they're walking this way.