Y/n Joins The Crew!

Zoro had been lifting weights that looked extremely heavy with relative ease. I snuck up on him to see if he could be scared.

"Miss me, moss head?"

He flinched. Then he glared at me and went back to training.

"Wow, not even a, 'Hi, Y/n! Thanks for risking your life the other day to save me!' I mean, come on. I was awesome! You could at least thank me, or something."

"Shut it, worm breath."

"Huh, that's a new one. Well, you might wanna get used to me, because I'm here to stay."

I put my bag down. I'd worn loose clothes that day. A shirt and some pants. Luffy was sitting on the ram's head, usopp was repairing the ship, and Nami was on the ground checking for any other holes or leaks.

Zoro wasn't responding, so I just rolled my eyes and walked away. "He's a drag."

I climbed onto the Ram head and sat next to luffy.

"Hey. I assume you sit up here pretty often."

"How'd you know?"

"There are scuffs on the top of it."

"Oh!"

"Luffy?"

"Yeah?"

"Why did you ask me to join? I'm just a big nobody from an island in the middle of nowhere."

"I dunno. You were really good at fighting, you're strong, smart, and you're nice."

"What do you mean by that?"

"You saved zoro when you barely knew him! And the part of him you did know, you didn't get along with."

"Huh. I guess so. Well, thanks."

I didn't know what to do, so I just went over to the railing and sat down.

Nami climbed up the ladder on the side of the ship. "All good!" She sat next to me.

Usopp was still fixing the ship.

"Hey, that whole thing with the worm was cool."

"Oh, thanks."

We sat in an awkward silence.

"Look, I know I'm the new girl to all of you, so it's gonna be a bit awkward at first as we all get used to each other. But I just wanna say that I'm gonna try to be nice."

"Oh, I'm personally happy that we have another girl. And a smart one at that!"

Nami smiled at me. She was a good person at heart, I could tell. She put me at ease. I smiled back.

"I can tell the guys probably aren't the smartest. But they have their own abilities. Luffy is the captain, zoro has his strength, and Usopp is good at fixing the ship."

"Yeah. But zoro gets lost all the time, luffy is a total idiot, and usopp is a coward. Although luffy also has his devil fruit, and usopp is weirdly good with his slingshot."

"You know, this has been the most engaging conversation I've had yet. I can tell we're going to get along."

"So, what about you?"

"Huh?"

"Tell me about yourself. I mean, I saw you're cool and smart, but that's really all. What's interesting about you? Your family? That kind of stuff."

"Oh. Well, my family is kind of tame and normal. Two living and loving parents. I'm really good at gymnastics and stuff, I have a dagger on me at all times, and I'm really good with kids and animals."

"That sounds really useful."

"You're turn. You seem smart and interesting."

"Well, I use a wooden pole as my main weapon, I'm the navigator, I'll admit I'm greedy, and I usually keep everyone in line."

"That's pretty noble. Admitting your greedy? Most people wouldn't."

"Yeah, I guess so."

Usopp stood up with a proud smile.

"I'm done! We can go now!"

"That was quick."

Luffy jumped up and joined the rest of us. Nami went to the wheel and set off.

And as she did, I took one last look at my island where I'd grown up and lived, possibly for the last time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Whoo! Double update! I'm tired as hell 😭