~19~

Your P.O.V

"One more."

Garroth's hands were pressed against the back of my head, holding my head in place where he wanted as he leaned in to kiss me. Which he did multiple times not just once.

"Let go of me." I mumbled through kisses with my eyes partially open.

Garroth let go of me reluctantly, giving me a glare as he did so.

"You've just got extra luck now." Garroth stated.

"Are you two done yet?" Ellie appeared next to me with her eyebrows raised. "I'm worried your good luck kisses are going to start turning into good luck sex on the field right in front of me."

Garroth cranked his head at her and glared.

"I hope you strike out." He said.

"Well that isn't very good luck charm of you." Ellie said.

"I'm Y/N's good luck charm, not yours." Garroth stated.

"Rude." Ellie stated, "Don't you want this team to win."

"I can't be another woman's good luck charm. That's against boyfriend rules."

"Why? You don't have to kiss me." Ellie spat.

"Shouldn't Nickel be your good luck charm?" I asked.

Ellie scoffed.

"Look around, do you see his incredibly chiseled jaw line? Cause I sure don't. My good luck is MIA." Ellie stated.

"Surprising, I figured he's so in love with Y/N he would have come by now." Garroth stated. I shoved his arms off of the fence in front of us.

"Every time you say something about Nickel being in love with me I'm going to make you put a quarter in a sock, and then I'm going to beat you with it." I said, glaring up at Garroth.

"Only if you can catch me first." Garroth said, he looked down at me and leaned forward to press his lips onto my forehead quickly. He turned around when he was done and sprinted over to Laurance and the others.

"Do you think Nickels into you?" Ellie asked, I turned to her as I began to walk towards the dugout. I silently wondered if she was asking because she really wanted him or just to be nosey.

"I don't know. He's kinda weird though. He says weird things." I said, which was totally true. Almost everything Nickel ever said to me was weird.

"I can do weird."

I glared at her through the sides of my eyes.

"What?" She asked, "You do weird every day. Garroth says odd things all the time."

"Garroth does not say things to me like Nickel does." I said.

"So then he is in love with you?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Did you just see that absolute nuke?" Garroth asked.

He stood in the batters box with his bat down as if it were a cane he was leaning on. His posture was tall as he admired the field in front of him although he reminded me of an old man in the moment.

"No Garroth, I'm trying not to look at the nukes you hit off me." I said.

After winning regionals and then winning the first round of sectionals, the next step for the girls was state. We needed one more win in order to make it there. This meant extra focused practice with the girls and then extra practices with Garroth right after.

Garroth was adamant about me pitching to him almost every day, and maybe it was helping. But either way practicing with Garroth was way more frustrating than practicing with the softball team ever could be.

"Why not, they're sexy." Garroth stated.

"Will you just bunt?" I asked.

"That was an insult." Garroth said after a moment, "I have never been asked to bunt in my life."

"Cause your bad at it?" I asked, I already knew the answer to that was no. Garroth could probably lay a perfect bunt off of any of my pitches and then run around each base before I could even get to it.

"No." Garroth snapped, "Not cause I'm bad at it. Because I hit nukes."

"Well don't hit nukes off me." I said.

"Cause it hurts your feelings?" Garroth asked, he pouted at me and wiped away a few fake tears.

"Yes." I stated flatly.

"Throw me the ball and cry me a river Y/N." Garroth stated and he turned to get ready to hit again. I gasped at him, a breath that ended in an odd laugh.

"You're losing boyfriend points for that or something." I said.

"Good thing I've been racking 'em up pretty high our whole relationship then." He said.

"No, I think they've been dropping pretty fast lately." I lied.

"Pitch! YYYYY/N-uh." Garroth whined and slumped his shoulders.

I responded to him with a glare and instead turned around with the ball in my hand. And then I turned to pitch to him with as much effort I had in my body. I tried so hard I was surprised to see the ball actually went in the direction I wanted. But my effort, and speed, and direction, didn't matter because Garroth hit the ball immediately with a smack that sent it down center field.

I looked at Garroth and made a frustrated noise.

"What? That was a good one." Garroth stated.

"A good pitch or a good hit?" I asked.

Garroth shrugged.

"Both." He stated.

"Liar."

Garroth held his hands out in a defeated motion and glared at me.

"That was a good pitch Y/N." Garroth stated.

"You still hit it." I said.

"So what it was good." Garroth stated. He threw his bat down and I slumped my shoulders as I watched him walk towards me.

"Not good enough, and I don't have enough energy to throw pitches good enough for a whole game." I said.

"You're too hard on yourself." Garroth said. He placed his hand on my head as he neared me and pulled me to him using only my head. My body followed shortly after.

"You're ten times more hard on yourself then I am." I said, which was completely true.

"I am not." He said, "I'm basically perfect."