• CHAPTER 17 •

DARIO'S POV

I stand near the lake, the picnic set up now looking complete.

I tried to look for other date ideas, because this seems too predictable.

But she rarely likes to go out to restaurants, she likes to Netflix and chill.

she's a homebody; except for parties, she loves parties.

but a party is not a real date.

I hear a car pull up. it must be her.

I stand up straight and take one last look of everything.

I smile at the sight of her; she's wearing an ivory floral summer dress.

she looks gorgeous; that dress accentuates her curves.

she smiles as her eyes land on the set up. "wow, De Lorentuz, I had no idea your a romantic" she teases, reaching the blanket.

"funny" I smile, she looks at me with the same look I look at her. I'm nervous.

"so, should I keep standing, or can I sit?" she ask, I step aside and help her down.

she sits on a pillow and looks around the blanket, some light fake candles surround us and red rose pedals.

"did I tell you, you look beautiful?" I ask, a red blush appearing on her cheeks.

"no, you didn't but thank you" she says, "you look handsome as well" she admires, pointing at my outfit.

I didn't know what to where, I had to go to google, to see what's an appropriate outfit for a first date and a picnic one.

I chose to wear a cream colored polo shirt, with black dress pants, and some creamed colored sneakers.

"so Dario, what are our plans?" she asks, I smile sitting down beside her. "well, I'm going to feed you first, then we'll take a dip in the lake if you want, of course, and then we'll head to the movies, and if you're down to do something else, we can sure do whatever you want," I tell her, and she smiles.

"It sounds amazing and fun," she says. "Now let's eat so we can get in the lake," she says. She's excited.

I'm so glad this is going well so far.

I pray it goes well the rest of the night.

THIRD'S POV

Jackson is looking up at the number as the elevator goes higher up.

he's impatient.

Raven is lounging on the couch, watching the notebook.

She's come to love pain; it's weird.

Her movie gets interrupted by a knock. She looks at the clock.

"Who the hell is here at 1:00 am?" she asks herself as she makes her way to the door.

opening it, she already regrets it.

It's "Jackson," she says. "Look, I appreciate you trying to build a connection with Aurora and Leonid, but you have to stop," he says, walking past her and into her apartment.

"To hell I will, Jackson, it's 1 a.m. and your here telling me to leave the kids alone?" She asked, closing the door and staring at him.

"Yes, I don't want you near them; you'll only cause problems. I want you out of our lives," he says, anger in his eyes.

He looks down at her; she's wearing a little nightgown.

She feels his eyes on her body. "Tell me one thing, Jackson," she says as she steps closer, his eyes now connecting with hers.

"Do you still love me?" Her heart starts beating faster; his too.

He can't gather his thoughts.

"No!" he says, "then why are you still wearing your ring?" She asks, pointing at his left hand.

"I-"stops himself and takes the ring off; he throws it on the kitchen island. "Take it; I don't need it," he says, looking at her.

She steps closer, laying her hand on his chest.

She cups his face.

Closing his eyes, he remembers her touch and warmth.

"Look me in the eyes and tell me you don't love me," she says, fearing his next words.

He opens his eyes and pulls back. "I don't love you anymore," he lies. "Jackson," he walks past her and towards the door.

He stops before walking out.

"You should move on; I have, and with Leila," he pauses before the next regretful words come out of his mouth.

"We're getting married," he says, opening the door and walking out.

He leans against the door and tries to control his breathing.

"What the hell did I just do?" he whispers to himself as he enters the elevator doors.

"Fuck!" he punches the elevator doors, leaving an indent on the right door.

Raven picks up his ring and twirls it with her finger.

"He's getting married to Leila?" she repeats to herself.

She chuckles, trying to ignore the pain.

There is no way he's getting married again, and with her.

his brother's ex-wife.

"Oh god," she sobs as she sits on the stool. "This can't be happening," she whispers, wiping away the tears.

Well, it's evidently shocking how this all turned out.

Leila will get what she wants in the end. power, and Jackson.

What a shame.