Chapter 13

Today is the day, father and Ms. Asahina gets married.

But to put it lightly..I like funerals, better.

These people are TOO happy. I mean, I can put on a mask (figuratively) but these people..oh, their good.

I heard that Ema received a gift earlier...I didn't even know why I expected one. Really, it was conceited of me, to think so.

- Strike 1 -

I go outside after the ceremony is finished and see as the Asahina family excluded me, hugs.

Father: Ana!

The woman looks confused as to whom I am.

Ms. Asahina: Oh! Right...Ana! I remember now...!

She looks as though they never even told her about me....But they didn't.

- Strike 2 -

I sit inside the church once again, watching the happy family outside of the building.

Happy.

I look at the cross at the front of the church we're father and Ms. Asahina just moments before, got married.

Happy.

Even though it's supposed to be a..happy time...

Silent tears race down my face and a choked sob releases itself from my lips.

How, pitiful.

I run through the back exit of the church, so not to disturb the happy family.

Happy.

I race through the crowded streets on this Sunday morning, whilst getting my dress dirtied.

Light.

I see him walking, but he's not alone, he's with a girl.

They look so...

Happy.

- Strike 3 -

I loss my balance, not only with my footing but, with my life, also.

Right before the lights go out...

Ana: Figured.

...and the honking stops and the screams, cease, I hear a song..Not just any song but the one Crystal sang to me.

Not my friend, but my mother.

Mommy.

I see a light and in that light I see my mother and I.

My mother doing my hair in little braids whilst singing and me, sitting on the floor, trying my best to learn the lyrics.

Mommy & Ana: Love, is something that you give it away!

*Clap* *Clap*

Mommy & Ana: Give it away!

*Clap* *Clap*

Mommy & Ana: Give it away!

*Clap* *Clap*

The claps fade away with the light and there's nothing...

But happiness.