Chapter 8

I grabbed my phone and set a timer for 1 minute.

I gave her a vicious side-eye, and she's just... smiling... I don't know if it's cute or maddening that she thinks this is amusing. 

I inhaled and exhaled deeply as quietly as I could but I knew that she could smell my intimidation just by looking at me. 

Why is she even looking at me like that? Like she's about to devour me or something...

I sat in front of her and made myself comfortable, the smirk on her face hadn't been wiped off

I sat in front of her and made myself comfortable, the smirk on her face hadn't been wiped off... yet.

I look straight into her eyes after I hit the start button.

She leaned forward and now our faces were a few inches away, I took another involuntary swallow.

I tried to move but my arm hit hers and her hand fell on my thighs, and I jumped lightly to the feeling of her warm palm resting on my thighs. 

Her grin grew larger as she slowly took her hand away from my thigh.

Even if her hand was not on my thigh any longer the space where it was lying remained heated, at that moment a part of me wanted to snatch back her hand and keep it where it had been lying a few seconds ago, but I didn't move I just kept on looking at her

I feel my heart pace faster and faster like it's about to beat out of my chest, I clench my jaw tight to make sure it shaking wouldn't be visible to her. 

I can feel my ears getting warmer, as she keeps her eyes on mine, she's not smiling now, just looking at me. 

She slightly opened her mouth, as she slowly exhaled, running the tip of her tongue on her top teeth. 

And I couldn't react, I was biting my lower lip after she lifted her hand from my thigh to keep myself from saying anything or making any form of sound. 

"Stop biting your lip" She said in a serious tone and I slowly released my lower lip from between my teeth.

I swallowed for the hundredth time now out of nervousness, why is she making me feel like this? Why am I feeling like this? Every hair in my body was up, and I couldn't breathe properly, my heart was pounding, and my whole body was so hot.

I'm gritting my teeth so hard I feel like it would shatter. 

She leaned in closer to my face now

...

Both of us jumped as the alarm on my phone rang up.

I backed away and grabbed my phone to turn off the alarm.

"I'll just... I'll go to the bathroom" I said standing up from my bed and jogging to the bathroom closing the door behind me and slowly sliding closing my eyes. 

What the fuck?

What the actual fuck Maddy? What the fuck was that even? This doesn't feel normal at all.