Part 4 // "Lavigne."

Start from the beginning

"Are you ready for today?" he asked me. "Well, I for sure had enough sleep tonight." I answered chuckling.

...

Jules

Testing went even better today. The car had definitely improved. I walked happily to my drivers room. My name was written on the door with my number; thirteen. I looked at it for a while. Those letters on that door forming my name and last name made me feel like it was real. Because sometimes I had to check if this wasn't a dream. But it wasn't, this was real. 

"Hey, Lavigne!" I heard someone yell. What is it with the 'Lavigne' today? 

It was Alice, she was smiling and it really looked like the room lit up. "I have to warn you, I'm all sweaty." I said. She laughed a little, but still gave me a hug. "I just quickly wanted to talk about the dinner tomorrow evening." she said. 

Oh, lord. Right, the dinner I did not look forward to at all. 

"I just have to make sure that you are coming." she said. "I don't have to?" I asked trying to not sound too excited. "Only if you have a good reason." she answered. I sighed. 

"Fine, I'll go." I said. "Amazing. This is a great way to get to know the other drivers better and to get noticed by brands." she answered. I smiled. I had to focus on what was good for me and my career. So I would go to this dinner, but I wouldn't talk to Max. He probably didn't even want to talk to me either. Considering he didn't even knew who I was yesterday.

A phone buzzed; it was Alice's. She excused herself and walked away while waving. I waved back and got into my room. Only a few interviews left and then I could go.

...

Max

I scrolled on my phone after I got out of my shower. I really didn't want to go to any interviews today.

 Bianca, Sophia and Juliette were all over the news. 

'The three F1 girls rushing into the paddock this morning.'

'Too late and it's only the beginning of the season.'

'A very unprofessional enter in the paddock.'

I rolled my eyes. I hated paparazzi. This wasn't even interesting news. I was late so many times before but the media had never reacted this way. So negative.

I still felt kinda bad about how I reacted to Juliette yesterday. I was still mad, but I definitly acted like a jerk. That wasn't necessary. She probably hated me now.

I heard a knock on my door. "Don't worry mate, it's me." I heard Daniels voice through the door. I got up and opened the door. 

"You don't look happy." he commented while walking in. I closed the door again and sat down in front of him. "I really don't want to go to the interviews." I said. "We have to." Daniel answered. I sighed. 

"What's really wrong?" he asked. "Lavigne was the girl who bumped into me yesterday." I confessed. "How did you find out?" 

I wasn't proud of that part.

"She told me." I said. "That's great! I heard that she's really nice." he answered. I gave him a guilty look. "Oh no, what did you do?" he asked quickly. "I recognized her when she got closer and I was mad. I couldn't help myself from asking her who she was." I said embarrassed. 

"I told you; don't be a hot head. Come on Max, that's a different level of low." he said. I nodded. "I know and now I feel bad about it, she will hate me." I said. "Ofcourse she will." Daniel answered. I gave him a look and he gave me one back. 

"Just be nice to her at the dinner tomorrow. Like, really really nice, over the top nice." he suggested. I just nodded in agreement. "Now get up." he said while lifting my out of my chair.

I was going to be nice to her. I had to make it up to her. And she would forgive me, right? She couldn't possibly hate me that much already.

...

Oh Max, she does already hate you that much.

How else could we have an enemies to lovers?

The dinner will be interesting :))) 

I will spread that evening over multiple chapters.

Thank you for reading this and lots of love, 

Livia xxx