Chapter Thirteen - Unveiling Shadows

Start from the beginning

"Fuuto, you could have at least let me finish the call." Lisa teased.

Fuuto grins mischievously, his playful demeanour shining through.

"Where's the fun in that? Besides, I'm short on time, but I still came to play with you at university." Fuuto teased back.

Lisa, realizing that she missed the FORTTE event because of her lecture, feels a pang of guilt. "I'm sorry, Fuuto. I wanted to attend, but my lecture ran late."

Fuuto waves off her apology with a nonchalant shrug. "No worries. It went well anyway,"

Fuuto then brightens up and suggests an alternative plan. "Hey, how about we grab dinner at a restaurant instead of eating at home?"

Lisa's face lights up with a smile as she agrees to the impromptu dinner plan. "That sounds great, Fuuto. Lead the way!"

- - - - - AT THE RESTAURANT - - - - -

Lisa and Fuuto sit at a table in the restaurant, their meal in front of them. The atmosphere is lively, filled with the chatter of other diners, creating a warm and inviting ambience.

Fuuto, in an unusually cheerful mood, playfully snatches Lisa's phone from the table.

"Hey, nee-san, let's take a selfie!" Fuuto smiled mischievously.

Lisa, somewhat distracted, hands him her phone without much thought. As Fuuto lines up the perfect shot, he flashes a charming grin.

"Say cheese!"

They snap the selfie, capturing a moment of their dinner together. Fuuto continues to talk animatedly, but Lisa appears to be in her own world, her thoughts wandering. "You seem a bit out of it today, Nee-san."

Despite her distracted state, Lisa managed a faint smile.

"Sorry, Fuuto. I guess my mind's been elsewhere."

Fuuto, still in high spirits, waves off her apology with an easygoing attitude.

"No worries. I'm in such a good mood today that I couldn't be angry even if I tried,"

Meanwhile, Fuuto's phone has been vibrating incessantly with a flurry of notifications, but he continues to ignore them.

Lisa noticed his phone, "Your phone has been going off like crazy. Is everything okay?"

Fuuto finally glances at his phone, puzzled by the sudden barrage of calls and messages. "I don't know why I'm getting all these calls. It's my day off,"

As he checks his messages, his expression abruptly changes. His cheerful demeanour vanishes, replaced by a look of deep concern. "We need to go, Lisa."

He slams money onto the table, leaving enough to cover their meal, and grabs Lisa's hand, pulling her away from their table.

- - - - - 

Lisa and Fuuto arrive at Shibuya Station, the bustling city around them still alive with energy. Fuuto's phone, now ominously silent, has delivered news that has rocked his world, and they stand in the heart of Shibuya, ready to face whatever awaits them.

Lisa and Fuuto either arrive at Shibuya Station by taxi or find themselves waiting there. The bustling Tokyo cityscape surrounds them as they stand on a busy street corner, the vibrant lights of the Shibuya crossing illuminating their surroundings.

As they wait, Lisa's gaze is drawn to a massive electronic billboard high above the bustling streets. On the screen, a person appears, seemingly an attractive and mature figure. The advertisement showcases various close-up shots, zooming in on legs, hips, hands, and finally, a familiar double-rolled silver chain with a cross pendant.

Lisa's eyes widen in recognition as she watches in disbelief, her voice barely a whisper.

Lisa was astonished, "That pendant... It can't be,"

Fuuto turns to look at the advertisement, realization dawning on his face.

"No way... It's him," Fuuto was also in shock.

The realization hits them both simultaneously, and Lisa's heart pounds as the screen finally reveals the face of the person in the advert. It's Iori, their brother who had left them a year ago.

Lisa and Fuuto exchange stunned glances, their emotions a whirlwind of shock, confusion, and a deep longing to understand why Iori, who had disappeared from their lives, was now gracing the screens as a mysterious and god-like figure.

The revelation lingers in the air as they stand in the heart of Shibuya, facing the unexpected return of their missing brother.

The advertisement continues to play on the massive electronic billboard, showcasing Iori reclining on a luxurious sofa with an air of captivating elegance. His presence exudes a mature and captivating allure, and Lisa can't help but acknowledge his undeniable beauty.

"He looks... beautiful," Lisa said softly.

Fuuto remains fixated on the screen, a myriad of emotions swirling within him. The realization hits Lisa like a wave crashing over her.

"This... this is what Louis was about to tell me on the phone," Lisa connected the dots

Fuuto slowly tears his gaze away from the advertisement, his expression a mix of shock and concern.

"Iori... he's back," Fuuto uttered.

The revelation hangs heavy in the air as Shibuya continues to bustle around them. The return of their missing brother, Iori, brings with it a flood of questions and emotions, and Lisa and Fuuto are left to grapple with the mysteries surrounding his sudden reappearance in their lives.