Chapter Thirteen - Unveiling Shadows

Start from the beginning

Lisa laughed, "I won't blame you. Just don't let Fuuto catch you swooning over him. He'd never let it go,"

Sayori playfully rolls her eyes and then grows more serious. "In all seriousness, though, I'm so excited to see them perform. It's going to be epic,"

Lisa smiled, "I'm sure it will be. I'll make sure to let Fuuto know you're looking forward to it,"

The university library is a haven of quiet and concentration. Lisa, having finished her lunch with Sayori, has decided to spend her afternoon studying. She walks between the rows of bookshelves, searching for a suitable spot to set up her books and laptop.

"This looks like a good place," Lisa whispered to herself.

Lisa finds an empty table in a secluded corner of the library and settles down, arranging her study materials neatly. As Lisa immerses herself in her studies, her mind occasionally drifts to thoughts of FORTTE's upcoming performance on campus. She wonders if her little brother, Fuuto, is as excited as Sayori is about the event.

Suddenly, a familiar voice catches her attention, drawing her away from her books. She looks up and spots Haruto and Satsuki, two members of FORTTE, standing near a bookshelf, engaged in a hushed conversation.

"Satsuki, I just don't know how much longer I can deal with Fuuto's attitude." Haruto groaned.

"I feel you, Haruto. It's been getting worse lately. His ego is out of control," Satsuki agreed.

Lisa, hidden by the bookshelves, eavesdrops on their conversation, her heart sinking as she realizes the gravity of their discussion.

"And now he's talking about disbandment," Haruto claimed with a worried expression. "He thinks FORTTE is just a stepping stone for his solo career."

Satsuki was disheartened, "This band means everything to us. We've come so far together, and now he's willing to throw it all away."

Lisa can't help but feel a mix of emotions—concern for her brother's behaviour and sadness for the potential end of FORTTE, a band that means so much to the two and its dedicated fans.

"We need to talk to him, Satsuki." Haruto insisted. "Maybe if he hears how we feel, he'll realize he's jeopardizing not just his future but ours too."

"You're right, Haruto. We can't let this disbandment happen without a fight,"

Lisa, now fully aware of the brewing tension within the band, returns to her studies with a heavy heart. She hopes that Fuuto will come to his senses and understand the importance of FORTTE, not just for his career but for the bonds they've all built together.

- - - - -

The bustling university campus is abuzz with students heading to and from their lectures. Lisa, fresh from her class, checked her phone and noticed an incoming call from Louis. Curiosity piqued, she answers the call.

"Hey, Sa-chii. Are you busy at the moment?"  Louis asked.

"Hey, Onii-chan. No, not really. Do you need something?" Lisa asked. 

"I wondered if I should say, but I saw it, in fact..."

Before Louis can continue, Fuuto suddenly appears, wrapping his arms around Lisa from behind. He leans in close, effectively silencing the caller on the other end of the line.

"Sorry, but my Nee-san's busy with me right now. Bye!" Without waiting for a response, Fuuto hangs up the call. Lisa, surprised by his sudden appearance, looks at Fuuto with a mixture of confusion and amusement.