𝟎𝟏 : 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐖

𝖔𝖓𝖊 : 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖍𝖆𝖉𝖔𝖜

         Whimpering in his sleep, he clutched the sheets covering his frame, eyes shut tightly as bead drops of sweat appeared on his smooth skin; his breathing starting to get uneven. The unclear flashes of some vision or memory; faint screams and yells echoing in his ears until one specific voice screamed right in his conscious.

❝𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐔―!❞

Sitting up straight on the bed with his chest heaving up and down, trying to catch some breath; the eighteen years old blinked involuntarily, looking around his almost dark room; slightly lit by the little light penetrating through his uncovered window pane, indicating the rise of the early morning as slowly the rising sun was taking over the night's darkness ― making it fade away, slowly.

Wiping the sweat drops from his forehead and under chin, he licked his dry lips, his body still shaking slightly due to the same dream that he keeps having for the past thirteen years now. Is it really just a dream or...?

Reaching out for the water jug on his bedside table, he poured some water in the glass before gulping it down in one go and refilling the glass again; this time, taking slow sips.

Resting his back with the headrest of the bed, he glanced at the clock; displaying the time; five past ten. There was still time for his actual rising but like usual, he woke up way earlier and he knew very well, there's no way he can go back to sleep again.

Heaving out a what seemed like a defeated sigh, he reached over to his bedside table; pulling the lower drawer out and grabbing his most favorite book ― 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐘 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐓.

Despite reading it more than twenty-three times, he still loves to read it again and again. The only book and maybe an only story that is like an addiction to him. He's not fond of reading many books but this one is an exception. He himself is unaware of the reason as to why he grew so much liking towards this certain fictional tale.

He is unable to explain the emotions he feels while reading it. All he knows is that he loves reading this certain tale, over and over again. He can read it as many times as he wants ― without getting bored of it.

Sounds weird, I know. But some people are different and so are their likings.

         𝟔:𝟎𝟓 𝐀𝐌 ― standing in front of the mirror, he set his hairs; getting ready for his college as he took a last glance at himself in his reflection. Once satisfied, he grabbed his bag and finally decided to leave.

Stepping outside his room, the brown hazel eyed male noticed the two other figures making their ways in his direction. Noticing the girls, walking together with their arms linked with one another, he smiled softly, greeting them as they stood in front of him.

❝Good morning.❞ The girls smiled widely, greeting him back with a little enthusiasm.
❝Good morning, 𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐃𝐇𝐔!❞ 𝐀𝐍𝐔𝐒𝐇𝐊𝐀 and 𝐉𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐀𝐓 said in unison, smiling widely at 𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐃𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐇 who returned the kind gesture before they decided to make their way downstairs.

❝Did you sleep well last night?❞ Anushka asked, playing with the ends of her two braids, all three of them descending the stairs, side by side.
Siddharth, upon hearing the statement of the girl, went silent; remembering those blurry flashes and muffled screams he keeps witnessing almost every night.

Forcing out a small smile, Siddharth gave a soft nod before speaking.
❝I did. What about you two?❞ He asked back, his eyes traveling from Anushka's frame to Jannat's ― her high ponytail making her look like a little girl even when she is almost in her twenties; same going for Anushka with her cute braids.