Hailey didn’t care about any of that and comforted him, “Even if you hadn’t returned to the Clowers family, Lisa and I would’ve managed just fine and wouldnt have needed your help” 

After finishing her sentence, she handed the bag back to Jason, “So take all these back, I can eam my own money.” 

But Jason insisted, “Hailey, just take it. Consider it as compensation for the past few years.” 

At a loss for words to refuse him, Hailey hesitated. Just then she saw Jason stand up, ready to leave. 

“Where are you going?” 

Jason looked back at Hailey, smiling, Tm going to visit her in the cemetery 

For some reason, Hailey felt uneasy upon seeing his smile. 

Watching Jason walk away, she couldn’t help but say, “Garett, you’re the only family I have left in this world. Please don’t do anything stupid.” 

Jason’s eyes welled up with tears when he heard those words, but he didn’t turn around and just waved to Hailey. 

It seemed like a silent reassurance, but still, he walked away without looking back.. 

Chapter 214 

Jason bought a bouquet of flowers and arrived at the cemetery. Before he had walked over, he spotted a tall and upright figure in the distance, kneeling alone in front of a tombstone. The man’s hair was disheveled, his face so pale it lacked any color, and he looked so haggard that Jason could barely recognize him. 

Jason thought that Jungkook wanted to say something to Lisa, so he stopped in his tracks. However, after waiting for a long time, Jungkook didn’t utter a word, but simply stared at the portrait in silence. Jason then resumed walking and placed the flowers in front of the tombstone. 

Sensing someone’s arrival, Jungkook’s eyelashes fluttered slightly but he didn’t raise his head, as if he knew who had come. The two men stood in front of the tombstone, looking at the portrait, not saying a word to each other, and neither showed any hostility to drive the other away 

After a lengthy silence, Jason was the first to speak. Did you love her?” A pang of regret made Jungkook feel as though he was falling into an abyss. He lifted his trembling hand and pressed hard on his right wrist until blood began to seep out, which seemed to alleviate his pain somewhat 

Seeing the wound on Jungkook’s wrist, Jason seemed to understand something. “It seems like you loved her. Jungkook remained silent, his lips pursed, pressing harder on his wrist. Jason took a look at him but didn’t stop him from hurting himself. Instead, he continued to ask, “Do you think she loved you?” 

Jungkook finally lifted his head, his eyes bloodshot, staring at Jason. The one she loved, it was always you.” Over the past five years, in her sleep, she had always called out for Garett, never once for him. How could she possibly love him? However, the few words she left him made him believe that she might have had feelings for him, but nothing more than that. 

Jason suddenly felt that Jungkook was pitiful, unable to decipher Lisa’s thoughts, no wonder he was so cold towards her. He didn’t intend to tell Jungkook the truth, instead, he let him live in the pain of falsely believing that Lisa didn’t love him. 

Jason ceased to talk to Jungkook, pulled out a wedding photo from his suit pocket, and placed it in front of Lisa’s tombstone. He looked at Lisa’s portrait, whispering softly, “Lisa, I’ve kept my promise, I brought you home as my wife. From now on, you’re my wife.” 

Seeing the wedding photo, Jungkook’s face went even paler, “You… you married her? Seeing Jungkook’s shock, Jason couldn’t help but smile, “She was always mine, what’s wrong with us getting married? 

Jungkook picked up the wedding photo, when he saw the smiles of Lisa and Jason on it, jealousy drove him mad. Like a madman, he tore the wedding photo into pieces, then with red eyes, he shouted hysterically at Jason, “She’s not yours, she’s mine, I don’t allow you two to get married!” 

He ripped the wedding photo, but Jason wasn’t angry, he just watched him calmly. “When she was by your side, you had plenty of chances to give her the status of a wife, but you only allowed her to be a lover. It was you who hurt her, what right do you have to stop me from marrying her?” 

This sentence were like numerous sharp knives piercing Jungkook’s heart. He tried desperately to control his emotions, only to find that the more he controlled, the more he collapsed. It was as if he had been pushed into an unrecoverable abyss, suffering unbearably. 

Jason saw his state, showed no sympathy instead, he squatted down next to him with one knee on the ground, He looked straight into Jungkook’s eyes. which were so red they were almost in tears, and said word by word, “You know what, I never slept with her.”