"As long as you keep thinking that, you will be alone for the rest of your life. And life will be quite lonely without friends to support you. It takes courage to let people in, Daiyin. Courage that I certainly know you have."

Before Daiyin could continue arguing he was slowly fading away until she was staring at nothing but the vast green hills. She sighs deeply, letting the words that Iroh spoke to her sink in. She was still feeling defensive over what he had said, deflecting left and right.

She didn't need any friends. She is the Fire Lord now, there is no time for friendships and such. Opening her heart up to such trivial things will only make her weak, an easy target for people like her stepmother.

Daiyin takes in a deep breath and closes her eyes again. She continues meditating once more, hopeful to find some inner peace. For a few moments she felt calm until someone cleared their throat, breaking her concentration.

She opens her eyes, ready to drill the person into the ground with insults when she sees who it was. He was towering above her, his red and yellow robes softly dancing in the mild wind. The blue arrow was proudly presented on his bald head.

"Avatar Aang?"

Aang nods silently. He then meets the Fire Lord's eyes and begins to smile. "Hello, Daiyin."

Daiyin was a bit stunned. To be visited by Mai was to be expected, since she was her grandmother. She could also gather why Iroh would reach out to her. They were all family, but Aang had no relation to her.

"What are you doing here," she asks, on her guard.

Aang crosses his arms behind his back. "I'm here to help you find your way. You seem in turmoil, Fire Lord Daiyin." He takes a soundless step closer to her.

But his comment rubbed the dark haired woman the wrong way. "I'm not in turmoil," Daiyin snaps. She was undoubtedly agitated. Aang didn't seem too bothered. In fact, he seemed more amused than anything else.

"Ah, so is that why you've been hiding away from your family? Because there is nothing wrong?"

Daiyin was about to retort, but falls silent. She had nothing to say to that. "You wouldn't understand," she tries and argues, but the former Avatar got straight to point. "Daiyin, I've had the misunderstood teenager talk with my own children, you won't fool me."

Aang begins pacing over the grass, occasionally glancing down at her as she stays in her meditating position. "As to why I'm here. Along with Mai and Iroh, I am trying to give you advice. We have all seen you struggle and want what is best for you."

Daiyin feels defensive yet again. She balls her fists and resists shaking in anger. "Thank you, but I don't need any advice," she utters through gritted teeth. Aang dismisses her anger and continues his monologue in the same calm manner. "I disagree. I think you keep others out in fear of them disappointing you, like how your father disappointed you by marrying Azina and making her your stepmother."

He raises an eyebrow and stares at Daiyin, waiting for her to butt in again. When she didn't he moves on. "I agree with Iroh that you refuse to admit that you have people who love and care for you. During my time as Avatar I learned how important it was to have friends to support you. Without my friends I would never have been able to defeat Ozai."

Seeing the girl flinch at her great-grandfather's name Aang instantly knew what was on her mind. "Throughout your entire life you've been compaired to Ozai and Azula. So much so that I can see the fear in your eyes of becoming like that as well. In order to shield yourself from disappointment and doubt you lean into their characters more and more, believing that is who you should be because people tell you that."