Chapter 6: Bloom (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

She rose her head from the water. "I suppose I'll be needing your guidance."

Paimon pumped her left fist once she found it. Her Groucho Glasses. She put them on. "YOU'VE COME TO RIGHT PERSON. LISTEN TO PAIMON AND YOU'LL WIN HIS HEART IN NO TIME!"

Paimon got the nearby pen and paper and began to write down tips. 

"Okay, so what's his type? ...Wait, don't tell me. I don't want to be devastated when I find out that I am not his type," Furina felt weirdly comfortable being vulnerable around this little kid. 

"Well, there are a lot of girls who like him. But if you want my advice, flirt with him. He's weak to girls who take the initiative. It catches him off guard and leaves him into a blushing mess. It's not gonna be easy though. He's got his wits about him as well so if you're not careful, you'll be the blushing mess..."

"But that's going to be pretty easy for him anyway."

"HEY!"

"No offense, Furina, but you're the type who wears her heart on her sleeve. Just like Paimon!"

"Please don't compare me to you... So... Be assertive and flirty... I suppose I can do that... but..."

"But?"

"I-I... uh... have competition?"

Paimon's eyes shrunk. She facepalms before trying to explain it in a way that doesn't leave Furina devastated. "...Yes... No... Look. Furina. He's got crushes. I mean... everybody does, but... Okay. He has this annoying thing of having feelings for someone, but never committing to it. Honestly, I've been through it like what? 8 times?"

8?

8?!

Furina sighed. Of course. There are loads of desirable women in Teyvat. However, they're mortals right? The Traveler from what she's heard... is definitely not mortal. No one walks away from the Raiden Shogun's Musou no Hitotachi like it's a normal Tuesday. No one except him anyway. 

She's the illustrious Hydro Archon. If anything, the real competition is... 

"None of them are... Archons?" Furina asked. 

"Nope. As... far as Paimon knows. He is overprotective towards Nahida but that's because he sees her as a little sister... Ei... Well. That's another can of worms, but they'd rather communicate with their swords rather than their words. But Paimon won't deny that they are close."

"Ah... Good. Good...," Furina breathed a sigh of relief. 

"The thing is Furina. He's a Traveler... He's off to one place and the next. Sure, he'd return back to the places he's been before if he needs to, but... He'll always walk towards the next destination. Paimon thinks that's the main reason as to why he never gets himself a girlfriend. AND IT'S SO ANNOYING!"

"It's like reading a romance novel and finding out that the girl you want to win doesn't get with the guy! It's even worse for Paimon because the guy is Paimon's best friend! And... Paimon hates  that he's preventing himself from being happy. Paimon gets that he's smarter, but seriously, he's as dumb as a hilichurl sometimes." 

"You two are really close huh?"

"The closest! But Paimon wouldn't mind if he manages to land a special someone. Everyone deserves to feel special. He's spent all this time making other people feel special... Paimon thinks he deserves to get someone who makes him feel special. And Paimon has full confidence that you'll be the one his heart belongs to!"