"No Carlos is right." Evie joined in walking over to him too as Jay and Mal followed. "We got swept up in Auradon, tourney, the party committee; it seemed to go by all so fast. We didn't realize just how long you'd been here alone."

Mal walked over and placed her hand on his shoulder, "Never again." She promised, "When we go back to Auradon, - if you want to – we'll bring you too."

"Ben would allow that? After I walked out of the coronation because mother told me to?"

Mal smiled and after a moment of hesitation Drac returned it, the idea of being with his sister again made him warmer inside then any of the fire he'd ever made.

- - LONG LIVE EVIL - -

They trudged through the dead land, the air thick with smoke. Sizzling green slime bubbled through the cracks in the dirt and they helped each other over the acid puddles. No one spoke, Evie, Jay and Carlos all thinking about their talismans while Drac and Mal worried over what was waiting for them when they tried to claim theirs. The Dragon's Egg was the greatest of all the talismans and it's mistress would have all the forces of evil guarding it.

"So is there a dragon here?" Evie asked finally breaking the silence.

"Let's hope not." Carlos huffed as they climbed.

"You guys should wait here." Drac said as they got to the next flat landing along the side of the mountain.

"But there's no magic holding us back yet." Jay argued.

"But if there is a dragon here Mal and I have the best chance of withstanding it." Drac explained, "If we need your help we'll call you, you should hear us shout from here."

Jay nodded, "We got your back. Keep that in mind."

"Thanks." Drac said appreciatively before turning to Evie and giving her a hug. Mal fist bumped the boys and they wished her good luck.

"Remember what's real." Evie whispered in his ear before pulling away, "It might try to use your fears against you. It might trick you into thinking you're worthless, or alone. Remember that you aren't."

He nodded then turned to his sister, "Ready?"

"Is there a choice?" she asked and they fixed their leather gloves and started the rest of the climb.

Drac was sweating by the time they reached the top and he wiped his forehead to move his green hair out of his eyes and get it off his sticky forehead so he could look around and get a feel for their new surroundings.

The dragon's nest was the size of a small boat made of burned and blackened branches that were twisted and packed tightly, but there was no sign of the egg anywhere. They began to search getting down on their knees combing through every inch. The prickers poked Drac's fingers but he pushed on, he could handle a few drops of blood, though something about the thorns impaling his fingers he found eerily similar to the prick Aurora had suffered from the spindle. He shook his head trying to rid it of that thought, these prickers weren't cursed and he wouldn't fall into an endless sleep.

"It's not here." Mal said frustrated.

"It has to be." He responded not even looking over his shoulder at her as he kept searching.

"Maybe the others got here before us and found it."

"No! It has to be here. If they'd found it this mountain wouldn't be here. Like with the other ones, it would have disintegrated. Keep looking!"

Mal POV

She kept digging through the nest her mind wondering why this egg wasn't appearing. Maybe the talisman thinks I'm weak? She thought. After all, everyone else had gotten theirs on their own, she shared this one with Drac. She had hoped maybe there would be an egg for each of them to find, but if that wasn't the case what did that mean? She wasn't weak, she couldn't be. She was her gang's leader, they looked up to her, she had to be strong. She was strong.