¹

HOPE FRIEDMAN HAS ALWAYS wondered what her bat mitzvah with her twin sister Stacey would be like. The two sisters would always discuss it with Stacy's best friend Lydia Rodriguez-Katz, they were all so excited about it that they wouldn't talk about anything else but if they did talk about something else, it would only be for a short amount of time before they went back to the subject. Their bat mitzvah's were the most important thing on their minds, apart from a particular someone, of course.

That 'someone' was obviously the one and only Andy Goldfarb.

Stacy has had a crush on Andy for years, it was quite an unhealthy obsession if you were to ask Hope, but what Stacy didn't know was that her twin sister also had a crush on him, although she has done extremely well at hiding it.

༺ 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭 ༻

Here she is, Hope Friedman getting ready for yet another bat mitzvah for one of her classmates.

She looked at herself in the mirror, taking a hairbrush in her hand and slightly brushing the ends of her hair. She was wearing a cherry coloured dress with a white flower design on it, there was also a small slit on both sides but it wasn't that that big so thankfully her parents wouldn't tell her to go and get changed.

She twirled around her room for a moment, smiling to herself as she puts the hairbrush that was in her hand onto the neatly made bed.

Hope grabbed her lipgloss from her vanity, she began to apply it onto her lips, once she finishes she opens her purse and places it inside.

"Hope? Stacey?" The girl heard her mom call out to them. Hope gets startled by the sudden voice and begins to walk over to her bedroom door.

"Girls, we're going to be late, let's go. I know you both can hear me!"

"One second, I'm flossing like you tell me to! Now I'm gurgling." Stacey yelled back from inside her room. Hope laughs as she hears what her sister says, knowing that she wasn't actually flossing her teeth.

"Well, hurry up! H-" Bree tries to speak, but Hope opens her bedroom door before she can continue her sentence. A bright smile makes its way onto both the mom and daughters faces. "Oh my goodness, my little girl, you look so grown up!"

Hope laughs softly, giving her mother a hug. "Thank you very much, mother dearest." She dramatically says the last part, pulling away from the hug as she does.

Hope excuses herself after a few minutes, and walks downstairs whilst her dad complains about going to this bat mitzvah.

She looks to her right, and sees her older sister Ronnie coming in her direction so she moves away from the stairs, letting her pass.

Once Ronnie makes her way upstairs she sees Stacy walking towards her. "Those are cool. Mom will never let you wear them, though." Ronnie says, referring to the pink heels that her sister is wearing. "She won't even notice." Stacy shrugs. "And if she does, I'll put on a sad show for dad."

"Oh, she'll notice. She'll hate them and Dad will feel bad, but ultimately be too afraid to stand up to Mom." Ronnie states. "I've known them longer than you."

"Why don't you wear your converse instead, better yet, why don't you wear your Nike pros like Hope?"

Stacy rolls her eyes, and walks down the stairs. "Um, excuse me. What are those things on your feet?" Their mom asks, putting her hands on her hips.