August used this momentum and spun, rotating a full 360, he slashed his spear horizontally, carrying the full force of his physical strength and the momentum of his spin.

The prince clicked his tongue, his plan was to counter with a blow of his own after parrying August's stab, but alas, all he could do was block the incoming strike.

His sword met August's spear, and he was shocked when his feet left the ground, he went flying, crashing at the wall as his back bounced off the hard surface.

"Argh!" Marius let out a pained grunt, and the moment that he looked up, August was fast on his heel, brandishing his spear, he sent a powerful overhead strike, slamming Beowulf straight down towards the prince.

Marius jumped to the side, dodging the blow, the spear slammed to the ground, shaking the stadium as debris flew off everywhere.

"YOU FUCKING MONGREL!" Marius cursed as he launched an attack of his own, his sword glowed a violent purple hue as he loaded mana into it. He then slashed vertically, with the aim of cutting down the trash in front of him.

August sneered, "Pathetic." he said coldly as he leaned his body slightly backwards, letting the sword pass by him harmlessly... Or at least that was the idea.

The sword boomed as the mana inside it violently exploded, right at August's face, it sent the adventurer flying back, some parts of his skin turned black, patches of frozen flesh riddled his body.

August didn't know what hit him, his body felt cold, even his bones felt like it was freezing. He glared at the prince, his hand shaking at the extreme cold that he felt.

The prince has a huge grin on his face, the ground in which he stood was riddled with purple ice. "Don't get carried away, mutt!" he spoke mockingly.

August didn't answer, he clenched his fist a couple of times, trying to get the feeling back on his fingers. His eyes never leaving the prince.

Marius chuckles at this. He then starts to speak. "You think you're special, don't you? Hahaha! You make me laugh." The prince walked around August, with the adventurer following his movements. "You are nothing more than a shit under my boots, make no mistake, you might think that you are on my level but you are beneath me... ALL OF YOU ARE!!!"

"Only I have the right to wield this power." The prince looked at his sword and at the spear on August's hands. "You are a mistake, one that I will rid of, right at this moment!" he said as he arrogantly opened his arms wide. He then points his sword, the Theïko óplo Mistilteinn towards August. "So do entertain me before I snuff you out of existence."

August smirked, he sighed as he twirled his spear and took his stance. "Are you done?" he asked, his spear glowing a violent red as he charged mana into it. "If you're gonna come then come." He's mana exploded shaking the very city with its sheer density and magnitude. "I've got some shit to work through."

"DIE!!!" The prince roared as he dashed forward, his sword glowed purple as cold air filled the whole stadium. He vanished out of August's sight, appearing behind him as he slashed his blade straight to his neck.

August learning his lesson earlier didn't dodged, instead he opted for a more personal approach. He twisted his body as his spear flew towards the blade, the two god killing weapons clashing, a violent boom vibrated the stands, their mana battling for dominance.

August adjusted his grip, sliding his hand at the end of his spear, with a quick flick of his wrist, his spear twisted, sliding free from their deadlock, rushing inside Marius' space.

Marius smiled and leaned forward, dodging the spear with precise movements, he then grabbed the shaft, holding it in place, whilst stabbing his sword forward towards the adventurers heart.

August let go of his spear completely, he spun to his left dodging the sword with his movement, all while sending a spinning back fist that landed cleanly in the prince's jaw.

The blow staggered the prince, making him let go of the spear, which August caught while delivering a spartan kick at his abdomen sending the prince a few steps back.

August then stab his spear in the ground, and with a forceful yank, he pulled a chunk of solid concrete about as large as Heracles, and with a simple twirl of his spear, he slammed his weapon forward towards the boulder, breaking it and launching fast moving projectiles towards Marius.

Marius blade blurred as he slashed it forward, destroying every projectile coming his way, the dust covering his vision, and August took advantage of it as he rushed forward, crouching low to the ground with his chin almost scrapping the floor.

Marius' senses screamed, he couldn't see the attack, but his body moved on its own, moving his head to the right, he narrowly dodged August's spear that was coming from below.

"ENOUGH!!!" the prince roared, slashing wildly towards August, with the latter moving his spear to block every blow.

The two engaged at the center, sending multiple deadly blows towards each other, their weapons clashed against each other again and again.

But it was clear for everyone to see who held the advantage, August was forcing the issue, controlling the tempo of the fight as he violently pushed the prince back with an unending assault of spear strikes too fast for the crowd to see.

But even with that happening, the prince was smiling inside his head. 'Yes mutt, keep it up, you'll be in for a surprise.' he stopped his lips from rising upwards, forcing himself not to smile.

.
.
.
.
.

In the stands, a lone figure was cheering as the match continued. "Wow, look at them go!" it is Erebus, he was smiling crazily as he watched the match unfold, anonymous along with the crowd.

The god glanced behind him, and with a smile he asked. "So... how did it go?"

A hooded figure appeared out of nowhere, she was a shadow, her presence was so minuscule that she was basically invisible to the naked eye. "Everything is ready my lord." she answered.

Erebus nods in approval, his eyes glued at the two mortals fighting below, specifically, at their weapons. "And what about our friend Lucius? How is he fairing?"

"Good my lord, he has already been prepared." the hooded figure answered, but there was a hint of doubt in her voice. Something Erebus noticed.

"You seem troubled Ari, what is it?" Erebus asked.

"Are you sure we can trust Anna my lord?" Ari said her doubts. "I don't get why you would send her back to Hades."

"Oh... I wouldn't worry about her." Erebus chuckled, he turned and looked at Ari straight in her eyes, she gulped as she saw the crazy look the god has in his face. "After all... She's already broken." he then turned his attention back to the match. "And I need someone inside Hades court, not only that but her presence there would also tie Ishtar down."

"If you say so my lord." Ari bowed, she extended her hand towards Erebus, showing her palm that was filled with scars. "I apologize for doubting you lord Erebus, punish this lowly servant of yours as you see fit."

The god chuckled to himself and took a knife from his back pouch, he then drove it down Ari's palm with the girl smiling erotically at the pain she received from her god.

"Now off you go little one, tell everyone that we will be starting now." Erebus said as he pulled the knife out of Ari's palm. "It is time for Evilus to plunge the world back into darkness."

Ari kneeled with a smile on her face, she licked her palms, the blood forming a grin on her lips. She then answered. "As you command Lord Erebus." and like the shadow, her body vanished, like it wasn't there in the first place.

Erebus couldn't contain his laughter any longer, he laughed like a mad man while looking at the sky. "HAHAHA!!! This is gonna be so FUN!!!"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

***

Chapter 78 is done now, how do you guys like the story so far?

Please leave a comment, a review and feedback so I can improve on writing this fanfic. every little thing helps as it allows me to see your preference on things and would help me write a better fanfic for you all to enjoy.

thanks for picking up this fanfic. hope you guys like it.