Damien {1}

Little Lost Puppy by Damien </3

Little lost puppy, that's what I was. Constantly being in and out of a loving home.

Tossed around like leftovers and never feeling like I belonged.

Nobody wanted me, I understood.

But what was so bad that I couldn't be kept and loved?

Mom and Dad didn't want me...neither did the neighbors...or the family across the street,

Even the home for lost little strays saw the flaws and threw me away.

________________________________________________________________

You could say I had a thing for poetry. It really was the only thing that had never let me down in my life.  I really was a lost puppy, but more like that food nobody liked nor craved nor wanted. The pain swelled deep throughout my body due to the traumatic things I'd experienced in my life, but it just made me stronger. I built this wall around my heart, it protected me and reminded me to not ever get close to people because they always end up hurting you once it's all over.

I'd had my hopes up dozens of times, that that family coming in to take me home would keep me for good. Ever since I was about 5, I stood in front of all of the other kids, trying to make myself stand out. I wanted to be chosen and kept for once. I was always the default, and no one ever held onto the default, a better deal would come. I'd heard it loads of times from my brief foster parents. After the 12th time of being taken back and traded out, my self esteem dropped and I stopped standing in the front. And as the years went on, all my friends would be chosen and I'd be left with tons of little kids. 

I'd learned it the hard way, and now that I was almost 17, no one would want me. I'd just have to want myself. Never let my guard down and be tough and cold if I had to be. It kept me going, made me less susceptible to being hurt. It was better this way...or at least that's what I told myself..

All I'd hoped was that in this jacked up world, someone would want me, and they would love me like no one ever did and they would tell me that all of those people who threw me away were blind, because I was perfect...I dreamt of that day so many times...and I couldn't wait to find the love of my life....I couldn't wait to actually be wanted.